D-6 Success

Calif_Mike

Dad and I hit our usual spot in D-6 for the opener. Dad missed a buck Saturday morning. Think he got a bit of buck fever, hope I still get that feeling when I'm 74. Sunday evening I had a small spike fork walk into the clearing I was watching and I named him "diner". That makes 11 bucks in 11 years for us out of D-6.

Will post pics from home when I get a chance, all the photo hosting sites are blocked for me at work.

Calif_Mike

Congrats to you Mike and hope that your dad makes up for it in COLO.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Awesome Mike. I took my 12 year old daughter to D6 for her first deer hunt. Saw a group of four bucks with one dandy but she couldn't get a shot off in time. Got the heart pumping though.

Brad

Thanks guys.

Very cool Brad. There was a dad and 12 year old son hunting the same ridge as us. The 12 year old shot a nice one Sat. morning.

Hey Mike,

Been hunting a D6 just once, and heading back again this year with my Dad. Leaving Kennedy Meadows pack station a few days before, to get a head start.

I know I may be pissing in the wind, but think you might be able to PM me some spots where you've had success, or even seen large bucks?

Im thinking of hunting the ridge that borders Yosemite. Heard a lot of the larger bucks are going to be heading that way, AWAY from the other hunters driving them out of the area.

Thanks again...

baychef

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom