D zone hunts

V

varmintsinc

The last Ca fish n game magazine had a nice article on packpacking into the D zones between Yosemite and Fresno for big bucks. Does anyone have any first hand experience there? I enjoy hitting the trails in the Yolla Bolly but I am always up for a different trip.

"..and please Lord let my bullets fly straight." CC 1996

I live there and sshhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we can't talk here. :) But seriously, talk to Muledeernut or BuckSnort about it.

Ooops, didnt mean to try and jump onto anyones honey hole, just trying to verify if the info is legit or not. I dont mind busting my butt scounting but I have a new baby running the house for now and could not do any scouting this year. Thanks for the reply Ill take a look into it next summer.

One last thing, are they hybrid deer or California mulies?

"..and please Lord let my bullets fly straight." CC 1996

varmintsinc ,

These buck numbers in these areas are not high but the bucks that are up there in the higher elevations seem to be quality bucks and have alot less pressure from people due to the fact of there being no roads in the wilderness areas.When I hunt and scout these areas I try and find secluded bowls at and above timberline.The hardest part of this type of backpack hunting is the hike in.From the west side of the Sierra crest it's usally an average of about a 10 mile hike into the areas above timberline.That might not sound that bad untill you realize the rugged terrain and 8,000-12,000' climbs through the Sierra's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom