Dad made a mistake, need unit 40 private land access

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
So my dad Drew a unit 40 deer tag and was super excited. Come to find out he put in for private land only by mistake. He is ready to just get his money back and lose all his points. I told him to hold off and I would try to see if I could find him access for private land. Any phone numbers or any direction would be appreciated. It is a third season tag.

How many points did he use? Do they still let him keep the points (but not gain one for this year) if he forfeits the money?

Probably One of the hardest units in the state to find private property to hunt on just so you know.
You might try knocking on doors in the low country around D S Rd. but I know that’s tough up there

Last edited:
He will keep his points if he returns it and pays for it he just wont gain a point for this year

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom