Dad's 2010 Shiras Moose

wyo_bulls

A little story to go with the pictures. I hope the pictures show up..

I just got back from hunting with Dad on his first moose hunt.This is the first tag he has ever drawn for a Shiras Moose, 40+ years worth of applying for the tag he has put in! We left on Friday after noon and hit the mountains in Southcentral Wyoming. And with it being Labor Day weekend, it was a bit busy to say the least through the weekend, but as Monday came the people left, finally a quite night in the mountains!!! We had hunted hard with no bulls spotted until Tuesday morning, we ended up seeing 2 bulls and Dad turned both of them down. So as Wednesday morning came we decided to hit a spot off the main highway, as we drove into the lake area we saw a bull rubbing his horns in the willows. It was about that same time the words ?I will shoot that bull? came from Dad?s mouth! So we made a plan and started the stalk, as we got to 40yds the bull the wind shifted and he had smelled us and took off running! The disappointment hit, but we decided it was best to just let him move on at his own pace and settle down for the day. We came back that same evening and set up to listen and glass the area, with nothing in sight we decided to slowly ease up the drainage to one look for the bull and two look for more moose sign. We had gone about a ? mile up the drainage when I looked off to the left and saw the back part of a moose paddle, 20 yds from us! I grabbed Dad and said the bull is right here! Dad got in position and waited for the bull to present a good shot. As the bull finally moved enough to get an arrow into the boiler room, Dad pulled back and let the arrow go! The arrow found its mark and the bull moved off only 15yds away. Dad moved in and gave the bull one more well placed arrow, he went down and Dad had finally got his bull moose he has been waiting to get for 40+ years!!!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/6768dad\'s_archery_moose2.jpg

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/7310dad\'s_archery_moose1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-10 AT 10:50AM (MST)[p]I see that, I have been trying to get them to download and seem not to be able to get them on the site. I have got pictures before to download on here, but this time it is giving me fits! I will continue to try to get them up...

I think I got it this time!

9407picture_045.jpg

8326picture_050.jpg

Great looking moose, glad the pictures worked. I have a tag in Wyoming that starts the first of October and a bull like that would be in trouble if I I have some luck and see one like that.

Congrats to your Dad that is awesome. Makes me wish I had stayed in the points system. Just got too expensive for me with young kids and a mortgage.

Wow a great Moose and with a Bow that outstanding. Congrats on a Great Hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom