Dads 3rd season Bull

The_Coloradoboy

Very Active Member
A hell of a a lot effort went into this bull. My dad officially retired on Tuesday and we were able to take this bull on Saturday afternoon. Dad made a text book shot on this bull off the top of the canyon but I couldn’t find a safe route to get him to the bull due to the level of steep this canyon is with multiple cliffs mixed in. It took two days, some ropes, and damn good buddy to get him out. My dad has been my biggest mentor and role model in my life time as a hunter and as a man. He has given my younger brother and myself all the opportunities in the world to be successful, while stepping back and making his tags less of a priority the last 15 years. The past two days of crawling out that canyon with a heavy pack on is the least I could do to repay him for all things he has done for me.

FAA697F2-B260-44EE-971B-3BD1BF6B4788.jpeg

22A3E0FC-B8F5-4845-B0DE-9DCB8061AC71.jpeg

8A7534A9-9D33-4C56-A575-6F8783F17048.jpeg

278E0651-2F45-4635-BBDE-3AA82F48FF87.jpeg

612AD46D-0BDC-4737-8599-5E735EE4C97E.jpeg

A hell of a a lot effort went into this bull. My dad officially retired on Tuesday and we were able to take this bull on Saturday afternoon. Dad made a text book shot on this bull off the top of the canyon but I couldn’t find a safe route to get him to the bull due to the level of steep this canyon is with multiple cliffs mixed in. It took two days, some ropes, and damn good buddy to get him out. My dad has been my biggest mentor and role model in my life time as a hunter and as a man. He has given my younger brother and myself all the opportunities in the world to be successful, while stepping back and making his tags less of a priority the last 15 years. The past two days of crawling out that canyon with a heavy pack on is the least I could do to repay him for all things he has done for me.

View attachment 17143

View attachment 17144

View attachment 17145

View attachment 17146

View attachment 17147
Talking for Dad's all over the country way to go Son couldn't have done it without you!!!! BTW my son does my packing out now..LOL role reversal

I'll bet it was satisfying to return that kind of favor. My guess is that after years of receiving help from your dad, you seek out opportunities to show your appreciation. Good on you. And nice bull!

Dang great bull specially for a late season bull! Congratulations to your dad.

Congratulations to your dad on a great bull! And congratulations to you for being there for your dad when he needed your help. That’s how it should be. Very nicely done...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom