Dads Colorado Bull

The_Coloradoboy

Very Active Member
A hell of a a lot effort went into this bull. My dad officially retired on Tuesday and we were able to take this bull on Saturday afternoon. Dad made a text book shot on this bull off the top of the canyon but I couldn’t find a safe route to get him to the bull due to the level of steep this canyon is with multiple cliffs mixed in. It took two days, some ropes, and damn good buddy to get him out. My dad has been my biggest mentor and role model in my life time as a hunter and as a man. He has given my younger brother and myself all the opportunities in the world to be successful, while stepping back and making his tags less of a priority the last 15 years. The past two days of crawling out that canyon with a heavy pack on is the least I could do to repay him for all things he has done for me.

FAA697F2-B260-44EE-971B-3BD1BF6B4788.jpeg

22A3E0FC-B8F5-4845-B0DE-9DCB8061AC71.jpeg

8A7534A9-9D33-4C56-A575-6F8783F17048.jpeg

278E0651-2F45-4635-BBDE-3AA82F48FF87.jpeg

612AD46D-0BDC-4737-8599-5E735EE4C97E.jpeg

If I saw his rack in the brush like that, I'd be blasting away! JK of course.

Well done on a fine trophy bull!

Zeke

Congrats to your dad on a fine shot & to you & all who packed that bull out. That is an exceptional bull anywhere and even harder to find in CO. Well done!
I lived & hunted around Grand Junction for several years and that countryside looks familiar, especially the part about the steep canyon/cliffs. :cool:;)
Elkchaser

Nicely done, sounds like a great hunt all the way around. Those are the type that totally suck during the pack out, but worth every moment.

I met these guys while I was chasing deer and can vouch that they truly earned this bull! Very few are willing to work as hard as this family. I saw them packing out of the canyon and when I returned to my truck they were camped at the trailhead, they invited me into their camp to share deer info. First Class Hunters and Sportsman, hoping your success continues Rick, thanks for sharing Cole.
i did get a buck
Randy
D074DD50-5BDE-439A-AD01-6CC69998F7AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats on a stud bull. That pack out sounds like it made the experience that much more gratifying.

I met these guys while I was chasing deer and can vouch that they truly earned this bull! Very few are willing to work as hard as this family. I saw them packing out of the canyon and when I returned to my truck they were camped at the trailhead, they invited me into their camp to share deer info. First Class Hunters and Sportsman, hoping your success continues Rick, thanks for sharing Cole.
i did get a buck
Randy
View attachment 17830
Awesome buck Randy! It was great to meet you.

i did get a buck
Randy
View attachment 17830
Awesome buck Randy! It was great meeting you on the mountain!

Nice Bull, you’re a good man for packing that Bull out for your Dad,he’s been waiting along for you to take care of the little things like packing,

Well done Cole! I am sure your father has been glad to sacrifice for his boys, and it's great to see when the favor is returned. Congratulations on a really nice bull!

Congrats to your Dad thats a nice bull, and yes, Colorado boy you are a stand up guy, true sportsman, who is always willing to help, and give advice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom