Dad's Trophy Photos - Pack Giveaway

Photo contest

Founder

Founder Since 1999
This photo thread is to honor our dads and their days of hunting. Share some of those photos of your dad and his trophies. You'll be in to WIN a nice daypack! Our friends at Bad Ass Outdoor Gear have got an Eberlestock Bandit to give away to one of you who shares a great Photo of Dad's Trophy.

Feel free to share 4 or 5 or so photos, but post them in separate posts if you would, as only the first photo in each post shows up as a thumbnail above. Share a little detail about the pics too!

We'll run the photo contest for a few weeks and then I'll randomly pick a winner. Each photo shared will count as one entry and every 10 reactions that your photo gets will get an extra entry. Just another fun contest. We all love seeing the photos.

Thanks to Bad Ass Outdoor Gear for donating the prizes for the contests and PLEASE everyone, when you're in the market to upgrade your gear, please shop Bad Ass Outdoor Gear and give them a chance to earn your business for good. They've got a large selection of hunting gear for you to look through.

Here's the prize that's up for grabs.

Bandit Camo Pack.png

CFMuley

My dad’s Henry Mountain’s bison. We left for this hunt a couple days after my little brother was born in 2005. A few years later my father passed and, a couple years after that my grandfather, who is a also in the picture, passed as well. These 2 men ignited my passion for the outdoors and hunting, and this picture is my favorite to this day.

A22DCAA4-3DDC-47DC-9AB4-A4A4E9E4C677.jpeg

eelgrass

Long Time Member
This is the very first deer my Dad ever killed. He only killed three in his life time. It's a Blacktail from CA. This was about 1951. I have his rifle now. A Marlin 336C .30-30. He's holding the rifle like he's still in the Army....lol.

P1010205.JPG

nfh

Long Time Member
My dads first mule deer from last year. Always been a whitetail slayer. We worked our butts off to find a decent muley.

His record wyoming moose shot with a bow. Was number 7 in the state back in 2000.

his antelope with my 2 boys a few years ago

I will throw in one of his mid size whitetails. That buck I watched all summer and hunted hard with a bow trying to connect but always out started me. Few days into rifle season the old man took him. This same story happened 3 years in a row on different bucks

20211023_113547.jpg
Moose.jpg
20170923_090102.jpg
20191116_174110.jpg

2lumpy

Long Time Member
My dads first mule deer from last year. Always been a whitetail slayer. We worked our butts off to find a decent muley.

His record wyoming moose shot with a bow. Was number 7 in the state back in 2000.

his antelope with my 2 boys a few years ago

I will throw in one of his mid size whitetails. That buck I watched all summer and hunted hard with a bow trying to connect but always out started me. Few days into rifle season the old man took him. This same story happened 3 years in a row on different bucks

View attachment 79968View attachment 79969View attachment 79970View attachment 79971
Great pics. Better yet, a great Dad.

Calif_Mike

Dad's first elk in 2007. He had hunted with a group of guys for about 10 years and they never scored. I got out of school and established in a career and could finally go. Took us a few years to make things happen and this was the result.
Dad_elk1_07.jpg

Calif_Mike

A fun one that dad was really proud of. We both got our first elk that year (2007) and had several days to kill before heading home. Our camp was overrun with mice and dad made it his mission to clear out camp. Great memory!
dad_mice.jpg

huntindad4

Very Active Member
Dad's 2019 Roosevelt bull. He'd had brain surgery to remove a golf ball sized tumor in June and killed the bull 3 months later in September. It was a struggle to find a bull we could get him on. We saw bigger bulls. But I don't think any of us could have been any happier.

Dad with my youngest son and two daughters and the bull.
20190915_165827.jpg

Dad and I with the bull.
20190915_165858.jpg

Dad worked hard to instill and nurture the desire in me to hunt and I can never repay him. I can only do my best to pay it forward to my kids.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom