Dad's Trophy Photos - Pack Giveaway

Photo contest

Founder

Founder Since 1999
This photo thread is to honor our dads and their days of hunting. Share some of those photos of your dad and his trophies. You'll be in to WIN a nice daypack! Our friends at Bad Ass Outdoor Gear have got an Eberlestock Bandit to give away to one of you who shares a great Photo of Dad's Trophy.

Feel free to share 4 or 5 or so photos, but post them in separate posts if you would, as only the first photo in each post shows up as a thumbnail above. Share a little detail about the pics too!

We'll run the photo contest for a few weeks and then I'll randomly pick a winner. Each photo shared will count as one entry and every 10 reactions that your photo gets will get an extra entry. Just another fun contest. We all love seeing the photos.

Thanks to Bad Ass Outdoor Gear for donating the prizes for the contests and PLEASE everyone, when you're in the market to upgrade your gear, please shop Bad Ass Outdoor Gear and give them a chance to earn your business for good. They've got a large selection of hunting gear for you to look through.

Here's the prize that's up for grabs.

Bandit Camo Pack.png

My dad’s Henry Mountain’s bison. We left for this hunt a couple days after my little brother was born in 2005. A few years later my father passed and, a couple years after that my grandfather, who is a also in the picture, passed as well. These 2 men ignited my passion for the outdoors and hunting, and this picture is my favorite to this day.

A22DCAA4-3DDC-47DC-9AB4-A4A4E9E4C677.jpeg

My dads first mule deer from last year. Always been a whitetail slayer. We worked our butts off to find a decent muley.

His record wyoming moose shot with a bow. Was number 7 in the state back in 2000.

his antelope with my 2 boys a few years ago

I will throw in one of his mid size whitetails. That buck I watched all summer and hunted hard with a bow trying to connect but always out started me. Few days into rifle season the old man took him. This same story happened 3 years in a row on different bucks

20211023_113547.jpg
Moose.jpg
20170923_090102.jpg
20191116_174110.jpg

My dads first mule deer from last year. Always been a whitetail slayer. We worked our butts off to find a decent muley.

His record wyoming moose shot with a bow. Was number 7 in the state back in 2000.

his antelope with my 2 boys a few years ago

I will throw in one of his mid size whitetails. That buck I watched all summer and hunted hard with a bow trying to connect but always out started me. Few days into rifle season the old man took him. This same story happened 3 years in a row on different bucks

View attachment 79968View attachment 79969View attachment 79970View attachment 79971
Great pics. Better yet, a great Dad.

Dad's 2019 Roosevelt bull. He'd had brain surgery to remove a golf ball sized tumor in June and killed the bull 3 months later in September. It was a struggle to find a bull we could get him on. We saw bigger bulls. But I don't think any of us could have been any happier.

Dad with my youngest son and two daughters and the bull.
20190915_165827.jpg

Dad and I with the bull.
20190915_165858.jpg

Dad worked hard to instill and nurture the desire in me to hunt and I can never repay him. I can only do my best to pay it forward to my kids.

ORYX 2009 020.jpg
2012-09-13 22.29.44.jpg
5BS ELK 034.jpg
My Dad never hunted with us, but he went along, he wanted to spend the time with us doing what we loved, he was 83 and just had a knee replaced but still went along and listened to the elk bugle! He is 92 now and still full of piss and vinegar, but his body will no longer allow him to come along.

Great buck!
So I’m guessing it’s gone? I sure hope not…
back then they would just skin it out and hang it on the fence and let let the dogs chew on it all winter...glad they took a few pics though..Dad is 88 now and still love to hear the family's buck hunting stories..

My old man still out getting it done, a little slower and wiser.
Top pic is us out checking traps, middle pic is fishing at Utah Lake, and last is my brother, my dad and my self with a nice buck from the Uintas a few years back.

My Dad drew a Michigan Bull Elk tag in 2003, which was as about the same odds as winning a lottery. After three long days of hunting he was able to fill it, and I was right next to him when he did. It was a great family hunting moment.

Dad and I-2.jpg

My dad's southern Utah bull. He was 74 years old at the time. This is his one & only bull elk. A lot of memories were made on the mountain during that hunt. I'll never forget them. It was pretty much the last minute of the last day. I didn't think dad had 1 more hike left but he found a way to get it done!

bull (1).jpeg

bull (2).jpeg

Congrats to the winner. Wish I’d have seen this thread sooner.
Here’s a picture of my dad with his biggest bull, I took the picture as I walked up on him and he had no idea I was there. Pretty great memory, that was 2006 a few months after my son was born. Two years ago my son killed his first bull in almost the same spot.

D6ACFF04-73C7-488E-B7F2-C8E9C4BAAEFA.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom