Dads WY buck.

Lhedrick1

3 1/2 hour drag to the road sucked but damn did the beer and whiskey taste good tonight! Pictures don't do it justice, one of the biggest bodied deer I've ever seen.
20211015_174327.jpg

Congrats on a great buck!!

I gotta be that guy-why are you dragging a deer for 3 1/2 hours when you can quarter it up and pack it out in one quick trip with 2 guys (or 1 if you are tough?)?

Lol. Well a neighbor gave us permission to trespass onto his land from BLM. Problem was we were heading towards the wrong house.....so the drag ended up bringing WAY harder than it should have been. But agreed....halfway down I told my dad "let's cut our losses and quarter this guy".

We shot both of our deer last year within about an hour of each other and packed them out (quartered) on our backs.it sucked and took two trips but was easier than tonight

Lol. Well a neighbor gave us permission to trespass onto his land from BLM. Problem was we were heading towards the wrong house.....so the drag ended up bringing WAY harder than it should have been. But agreed....halfway down I told my dad "let's cut our losses and quarter this guy".

We shot both of our deer last year within about an hour of each other and packed them out (quartered) on our backs.it sucked and took two trips but was easier than tonight

All good! Makes for a good adventure?? Awesome that you got to do it with your Pops!

I can't help myself. :cool: A 3 1/2 hr. drag reminded me of this oldie...

Two hunters were dragging their dead deer back to their car. Another hunter approached pulling his along too.

"Hey, I don’t want to tell you how to do something… but I can tell you that it’s much easier if you drag the deer in the other direction. Then the antlers won’t dig into the ground."

After the third hunter left, the two decided to try it.

A little while later one hunter said to the other, "You know, that guy was right. This is a lot easier!"

"Yeah, but we’re getting farther from the truck," the other added.

I can't help myself. :cool: A 3 1/2 hr. drag reminded me of this oldie...

Two hunters were dragging their dead deer back to their car. Another hunter approached pulling his along too.

"Hey, I don’t want to tell you how to do something… but I can tell you that it’s much easier if you drag the deer in the other direction. Then the antlers won’t dig into the ground."

After the third hunter left, the two decided to try it.

A little while later one hunter said to the other, "You know, that guy was right. This is a lot easier!"

"Yeah, but we’re getting farther from the truck," the other added.
Californians?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom