damn you all, you Wyoming hunters!

P.T. Jeffers

Ogden Driskill is preaching the same ole' bullshit -
"Landowners have their own gripes and bad impressions, said task force member Sen. Ogden Driskill, R-Devils Tower. He’s also a landowner.

“We have had gates torn down, fences cut and people trespassing to come kill deer,” he said. “A lot of it (negativity toward hunters) comes from flat-out experience, and it’s painful.”

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/1...ngers-between-wyoming-hunters-and-landowners/

"gates torn down"!?!? ...gosh, don't gates swing open and shut? had to chuckle over that gross exaggeration :)

I hunt A LOT. In 30 years, I've never seen cut fences, gates torn down, etc. What I have seen is illegal posting of public land, landowner bluff charges in an attempt to run hunters off public land, severe abuse and overgrazing of public lands via the welfare landowner. I'm calling bullshit on Driskill's tired and false narrative of hunters and I'm calling bullshit on this kangaroo court task force

Last edited:
Kinda Like The Section of Forest Ground I Found In Colorado That Was Posted By a Land-Owner!

I Went To The USFS/BLM & Turned it In!

The Gal Told Me They/We Have To Deal/Live With That LandOwner & His BS!

Yea,I Have Seen My Fair Share Of Trespassers & Damage Done To Private Property By JACK-ASSES As Well!

You're lucky then PT because I have seen it all. Gates left open, fences cut and gates unwired so folks can trespass to hunt. It happens to folks that don't post lands illegally. Some folks just could care less and think trespassing is nothing. It makes it hard to grant access to responsible hunters.

The WTF can go, I agree on that.

Over many years of controlling private property I've never had any gates damaged or cut fences so I call alot of that talk B.S. but there'll always be trespassers.. If you have a good buck lets say 170 class or better and he can sometimes be spotted off a public road I'll guarantee you sometime during the season your going to have some problems.. there's something about a big buck that turns some hunters into complete idiots.. sad but true..but we've never had any property damage from trespassers... we have had our fair share of signs shot up though lol...

I'll say this our circumstances have a lot to do with the large ranch that got subdivided next door. Fences cut, gates unwired that were locked, staples pulled and wire lifted for atvs to go under and boots tracks galore. Signs just disappear.
It happens but thankfully not everywhere. And yes, majority of our issues are resident related. NRs are not looking, for the most part, to get in trouble from our experiences.

I'm sorry to say that I have seen it all also. My boss had 1600 acres in Idaho, and I have helped him fix gates, mend fence, and replace signs many times. The worst was pushing over wooden fence posts, and actually parking on them to allow the cows out!!! In almost all cases, it was disgruntled locals and not non-residents, but it happens.

We opened a couple hundred acres for 15 yrs between Price and Duschesne. In that time we had gates torn out, fences cut, posts knocked down, game cameras stolen, etc. It was ridiculous---and the hunting there wasn't even that good!

In Iowa, besides all the fence, gate stuff, if you buy a piece of land that the locals have hunted since the beginning of time and then post it, they will shoot bucks off the road that borders said property and leave them lay.

I bought a piece of property from my brother-in-law who let anybody hunt. Since posting it I've had 2 ten points shot 1 deer shot with just the head cut off and taken and 1 deer shot in spring with antlers just starting to grow.

My neighbor has lost over a dozen bucks.

These are just the one's we've found and are confirmed rifle kills.

I was scouting geese last night on the WMA border.

Dude literally drove right past me, pulled down a gate, and drove out onto WMA. I was so shocked I didn't get his plate #, but the sheriff got called.

From the look of the dudes in the front seat, I doubt they were hunting anything other than a fix.

I have also in the same place had a landowner try and say he owned it(again literally) with a UTAH DWR sign in the gate.

So yeah, everyone is an a hole

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom