Danger: Unsafe Hunter close calls

trophyhunter

Very Active Member
This was a long time ago in our younger years. My friends were road hunting on one of the friends ranch. Picture a 1969 Chev. Pickup stepside. Driver, one friend with a 7mag bolt action in the middle, the other friend riding shotgun with his 7mag. The friend in the middle was generally a safe Hunter BUT when he saw a buck that guy went into "I have to beat that guy with the first shot attitude". Personally myself I only hunted with that guy a couple times in a group because his ways made me uncomfortable in the field. Well a long story short: driving a long my friends spotted a nice buck. Picture everybody bailing and scrambling to get out and get a shot at the buck. The two with rifles had bullets in the barrel on the ranch. We figure the guy in middle either had the safety off or he flipped the safety off while scrambling to slide accross the bench seat and out trying to get that first shot. Apparently the middle guy while still inside the cab by accident discharged his rifle with the barrel pointed towards the passenger and open passenger door. Right at his friend. As God would have it. Lucky for the friend during his scramble out the door. His belt loop hooked in the inside door handle of that 1969 Chev. Jerking him back just enough that the bullet somehow missed his head while blowing off the passenger side mirror. It all happened so quickly......carelessness trying to get the upper hand....man to me the meat or someone's life it just ain't worth it. Anyone else know of some dumb unsafe acts leading to close calls.

))))------->

Wow, that gave me chills. My brother left his gun loaded once. My Dad grabbed it behind the seat and it shot through the metal behind the door. I was on that side and was missed by 3 " at stomach level.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom