Dangerous Cheap Ammo Malfunction

BasuraBuck

Anyone ever seen this with factory ammo before? The range officer said he's had multiple shooters get bullets stuck in the barrel this month, all 45 ACPs. His guess was that quality control fell off during COVID so some of these are missing powder and getting just enough push from the primer to get stuck. Seems plausible but I'm not sure why the case would rupture if that's the cause. I'd love to see what guys who reload have to say on this.

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0567.jpg

What are those cases even made of? It looks like a beer can thats been melted in a fire.

You should share the brand. Or at least take a pic of the headstamp. That could be a real issue in an autoloader.

Brand is CCI Blazer. I picked up a bunch at a great price and seems like there was a reason for it. I wouldn't even give it away after this experience. Kind of glad I shot it in the revolver first so the gas had somewhere to go, the fireball out of the cylinder gap was no joke.

I tried some of those CCI Blazer in 45 colt once, only about every third one would even fit into the cylinder. They are garbage. The cases are aluminum.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom