Daughter in Law's monster 5

NMPaul

WHAT a DINOSAUR!!!!! This hunt was 90 minutes away from being one of the most frustrating hunts I have ever been on. Instead it was one of the most incredible.
Only regret was that her dad Brent wasn’t there for Sidni’s perfect shot to seal the deal. Sidni, Zach and Brent never let up the entire time. Sticking to the 10-2 rule we were pretty much behind the glass all day. Sidni logged 35 miles in 5 days. We would see 10-20 bulls a day but just couldn’t turn up a legit mature bull.
Finally the break came on Monday night.
Sidni and zach had made a 11 mile trek and right at dark spotted this ancient slob in an obscure canyon. Plans were set for Tuesday morning. Just as planned I was able to glass him up at first light. They started a careful stalk. As I watched him he stared right up the mountain in their direction even though they were not in eyesight. He had smelled them at over 450 yards away. One of the most frustrating days on the mountain ever as he bolted into the trees and put the slip on us. Fast forward to Wednesday morning. Windy and cold. By an absolute fluke I got a glimpse of him 1.7 miles away from where we blew him out on Tuesday morning. I couldn’t even be sure it was him except by the way he acted and where he was. (At this point there was a lot of talk around the league of making me MVP LOL).

We tightened the circle. From a different mountain I saw him again for about 5 minutes in the middle of the trees around noon. Sidni and zach were able to close the distance. Long day on mountain just glassing into about 30 acres of thick trees. Finally at almost 5 in the evening he showed himself and Sidni absolutely made a perfect shot at 200 yards from a kneeling position. Can’t describe the incredible feeling we had. This bull was super old and only got this way in a hard hunted unit by being smart.
I dont know how to fix photos so just hold your phone sideways. LOL

F0476BF2-6551-428D-B578-1149C2BAB63E.jpeg

tempImageMGbEii.png

tempImagenhKkkO.png

tempImage26Jv4b.png

tempImageci2k5T.png

What a tank!
Congratulations to your Daughter in Law. You guys are having a banner year.
A big 5 has always been at the top of my list.

Really nice bull, love big 5 points. My daughter in law. Killed her first bull this morning in New Mexico. Unfortunately I was doing yard work in Utah. Not as big as this one, but will taste good. We love elk meat. Maybe my son will see this and add a picture. Not trying to steal the thread, but happy for their success. BacDoc

WHAT a DINOSAUR!!!!! This hunt was 90 minutes away from being one of the most frustrating hunts I have ever been on. Instead it was one of the most incredible.
Only regret was that her dad Brent wasn’t there for Sidni’s perfect shot to seal the deal. Sidni, Zach and Brent never let up the entire time. Sticking to the 10-2 rule we were pretty much behind the glass all day. Sidni logged 35 miles in 5 days. We would see 10-20 bulls a day but just couldn’t turn up a legit mature bull.
Sidni and zach had made a 11 mile trek and right at dark spotted this ancient slob in an obscure canyon. Plans were set for Tuesday morning. Just as planned I was able to glass him up at first light. They started a careful stalk. As I watched him he stared right up the mountain in their direction even though they were not in eyesight. He had smelled them at over 450 yards away. One of the most frustrating days on the mountain ever as he bolted into the trees and put the slip on us. Fast forward to Wednesday morning. Windy and cold. By an absolute fluke I got a glimpse of him 1.7 miles away from where we blew him out on Tuesday morning. I couldn’t even be sure it was him except by the way he acted and where he was. (At this point there was a lot of talk around the league of making me MVP LOL).

We tightened the circle. From a different mountain I saw him again for about 5 minutes in the middle of the trees around noon. Sidni and zach were able to close the distance. Long day on mountain just glassing into about 30 acres of thick trees. Finally at almost 5 in the evening he showed himself and Sidni absolutely made a perfect shot at 200 yards from a kneeling position. Can’t describe the incredible feeling we had. This bull was super old and only got this way in a hard hunted unit by being smart.

View attachment 56852

View attachment 56821

View attachment 56822

View attachment 56823

View attachment 56824
What a "Wow" of a bull! Congrats!

Pablo! Wicked bull my friend! Congratulations to all of you! Did you tape that old guy? Curious what a 5/5 that big scores!

When everyone goes back to camp at 10 o’clock to have there lunch and then goes back at 2 o’clock to start hunting you stay out, no naps and take your lunch with you.
Yep, I've killed several elk mid-day, including bow kills at 11 AM and noon. But I admit I was just getting ready to take a nap at noon when that one came by, but I was a long ways from camp.

View attachment 56852

View attachment 56821

View attachment 56822

View attachment 56823

View attachment 56824
that is one big 5 point wow congrats

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom