Daughter's first mule deer

heywouldya

Very Active Member
I took my daughter to Oregon this year to hunt with our good friends. It is very challenging getting a high school girl away for the weekend with sports and everything else, but when you do, it is very rewarding. On the second morning of the hunt we set my daughter up on a ridge and pushed some timber and she shot this buck on the run. Check out the battle scar on his face.

73278laynee471.jpg

I didn't know Oregon had a deer left in the whole state! Hmmmmmm must of got the last one. Congrats to her......

>Thanks all! Here is another picture
>with the bucks battle scar.
>Any guesses on how he
>got this injury?
9384laynee488.jpg

Another buck got him with his antlers. Several years ago a good friend drew an Idaho Unit 40 tag and the buck he ended up killing had a nasty wound to a ham from being gored by another rutting buck that was all infected and gross. Buck was inedible. I would've loved to have seen the buck that did it to him.

Congrats, love her smile. I know what you're talking about trying to get them into the woods with all that is going on in there lives is a real chore, but I'm glad you worked it out.

Great buck and pics Mark. Thanks for posting them. I can't imagine what caused the scar. Seemed too early for a fight unless it was last year. Sure gives him some character.

Normally if say the deer don't matter its having one on one with that kid away from it all.

However, that is a cool head mount waiting to happen!!

Congrats

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom