Daugters Cow Hunt

slcmuley

My daughter drew her third choice Three corners Nov, 20-30.

We dont have much experience with this area during that time of the year.
Do the animals migrate? Can you still find animals between Dutch John and Goslin?

Any info on where to start would be greatly appreciated. I want her to have a good time and a chance at an animal.

Thanx for any advise that may come.

Good for her!

Plus the sheep will be rutting so you may see some dandy Rams!

Sure--out to Little Hole-----up above the rifle range-----along the Red Creek/Clay Basin area.....

I think the LE mzzy Bull hunt ends a couple days before her cow hunt starts.

Robb

I drew that tag with my brother and friend a few years back. Smartest thing we did was stopping to talk with ranchers and asking permission to hunt their property. Most of those ol boy's are downright straight up nice guys.

Not sure about the private land out that way.
Thanx for the encouragement Robb. I am familiar with the areas you speak of. Are you saying the elk pretty much stay there?

Yeh---the private property is vertually nonexistant in 3-Corners......

slc--sure they will hang in those area's most of the winter months.....

They use to be out in Antelope Flats alot but for some reason they seem to avoid there until like late January/early Feb....

Kinda funny but 3rd choice---3rd season 3-Corners cow seems to be the ticket this year! ha

Robb

Ya funny! I didn't look at it like that til you said somethin. She also has a NE tag. If I read the handbook right she can tag one during the general season right?
Perhaps we will just wait so we can get out of the house more this year.
I have seen some bucks over there but not very many shooters in the last 3-4 years.

Thanx for the added confidence Robb. I will concentrate our hunt in the areas I know now that you have confirmed them hangin in there for most of the year.

Yes she can--page 9 in the Antlerless proc.

I will be over there with a bud that has the LE mzzy bull tag.
That is right before the 3rd choice/3rd season cow hunt.

Of course helping out a sheep hunter on BARETOP too.

Robb

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom