Davis Tents and Delivery Time

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
So I love hunting out of and staying in wall tents. My wife was starting to bug me about getting a trailer. I have a hard time spending $10,000 to just let a trailer sit out there in the sun most of the year and rot. She is way cool and agreed to let me get the grizzly package wall tent from Davis tent. I ordered it yesterday. I am wondering if any of you have ordered from Davis tents and how long it took them to get the tent to your door. I know with the whole coronavirus thing it maybe even longer but just wondering what the average delivery time is. Hoping to take the family somewhere during that first week of April. Just wondering if it will be here on time, thanks.

Great company. Great people. Dealt with them numerous time. They were down for the expo last month and talk to Kyle for a few. I own 4 wall tents and our elk camp consists of about 8 wall tents.

If no add on's and in stock about 3 days.

If you had custom add on's call Kyle and he should be able to tell you an approximate date.

Let us know how the tent is . Davis is great to deal with.
Set it up in the yard to get to know the ins and out of setup.

Will do. Looks like we will be camping in the yard the next little while. The kids were so excited to go out in the mountains over spring break but the whole world is shut down.

Camping C-19 style. Had to stay in the backyard, but still fun. Cant say enough good about the tent and the customer service from Davis Tent!

20200327_211820.jpg

20200327_211606.jpg

Sweet !
I ordered some 4x15 ft canvas drop cloths to hang along our side walls. Gives a little privacy and provides a double wall of sort for colder temps.
Looks like family fun for years to come !

Glad it came quickly. Davis is awesome.

Some of my best hunting memories include the wall tent hunting!!!

Years of memories to make there!!! Enjoy.

Grizz-

That set up looks pretty sweet. What are the specs on that tent and what does a tent like that cost?

16x20. It's the grizzly package. Runs about $2300, which included the stove, floor, tent. I bought 6 LED solar chargeable lights. 3 hanging organizers and six hangers so I could hang the lights and other things from the bars. And I had to buy about 220 bucks worth of 1 inch EMT conduit to cut for the frame. For all that I was in it about 2700. I then had to go by 7 cots and 7 mattresses. Which put me around $3,300. Heck of a lot cheaper than a trailer. Much more room, no maintenance and will probably last a lot longer. Don't have to register ever. It snowed last night and we were toasty warm except for when I let the fire go out. Got up and started it. 15 minutes later we were warm. Cooked steak on the stove tonight. It was awesome. My dad has had a wall tent for the last 15 years. I absolutely love hunting out of them.

I really want to look at the elk package. The grizz is probably a bit big for me. I’ve wanted a nice wall tent for a while though.

The only downside to these is they don’t really fit well in established campgrounds. I know that isn’t their purpose, but we do a fair amount of camping in established campgrounds and would want whatever I have spent good money on to be able to be used for that too.

Look for campgrounds with tenting sites, some of those have a nice big flat area to set up.
We have a 12x14 which is great for 2 of us, 3 works ok, it would go up in a campground pretty easily in one of the tent spots.

Look for campgrounds with tenting sites, some of those have a nice big flat area to set up.
We have a 12x14 which is great for 2 of us, 3 works ok, it would go up in a campground pretty easily in one of the tent spots.

We’d need at least the 14x16. We have 5 of us (and a dog). Maybe even the Grizz at 16x20. But 3 of our people are smaller.

But worth looking into.

We’d need at least the 14x16. We have 5 of us (and a dog). Maybe even the Grizz at 16x20. But 3 of our people are smaller.

But worth looking into.
I have a 14x16 and it’s too small for 5 cots. Our cots are the bigger size. With 4 cots we can’t walk around them very well. Just FYI.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom