Dead Bear on 166

Wiszard

Long Time Member
We were on our way over to Bakersfield not too long ago and we came across this bear that had been hit by a car. This is the first time I've ever seen a bear that had been hit by a car in 37 years of living on the Coast. This bear was on the 166 about 30 miles east of Santa Maria.
47cf92637c145d08.jpg

47cf92af7ca125ef.jpg

47cf92f97d317b6d.jpg

Steve

i see a few every now and then but never south ca.. bet it was a truck that nailed him!
just looks like he was under it completly by the grease and how tore up he looks!
sad to see any animal die by a car or truck!
rm

Yes...a lot of trucks travel that highway. I had me kids with me, 7 yrs, 9 yrs and 10 yrs old, so I got them out to take a close look at what a bear looks like and to show them thier claws. They thought it was so cool to see a bear up close. The blood and guts come with it...they've got to see it eventually.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-08 AT 04:07PM (MST)[p]Here is a bear i killed in New Cuyama this year. It was taken in novemeber. Hey Steve!! Its Andy from the poker game.
2007bear3.jpg

2007bear.jpg

What's goin' on Andy? Whos ranch you huntin on? Is that the bear you told me the story of at poker? What did you do with the bear? I'd like to have a rug made but I don't think my wife would like it in the house! So...what's the point, right? One of these days I'll have enough money to add a trophy room onto the house and that'll force me to be a bit pickier on what I shoot! Talk to you later. I talked with Sean and we might be having a game at his warehouse this Friday. Give hime a call.

Steve

I didn't even bother to check, deerhuntsalot.

Steve

When I first saw it whick was at about 1/8 of a mile, I figured it was an elk calf. We've seen elk in that area before so I figured by the color that is what it had to be. I was glad it was not an elk but very surprised to see the bear. In 36 years, that is the first bear I've seen while living here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom