Dead trailer batteries

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I have 2 6v hooked up in series. Tgwy must be toast as I put on a charger and it says leads reversed. Red to positive and black to neg. So I switched and it says charging. I looked online and it says if voltage is below a certain point then you will get a leads reversed warning. I guess taking it to battery plus is the best thing.

If you have the batteries hooked up in series the pos trailer cable is hooked up to the pos terminal of one battery and the neg of that battery hooked up to pos of the 2nd battery the neg of the 2nd battery is hooked up to neg trailer cable. If the batteries are very low you may have to leave the charger on for a while before they will start to charge.
Hope this helps

If you have the batteries hooked up in series the pos trailer cable is hooked up to the pos terminal of one battery and the neg of that battery hooked up to pos of the 2nd battery the neg of the 2nd battery is hooked up to neg trailer cable. If the batteries are very low you may have to leave the charger on for a while before they will start to charge.
Hope this helps
Yes, I had it hooked up right. I hope they can be charged. They are Duracell .

You definitely need to keep them charged all the time. I have a reminder on my phone that reminds me to charge my RZR and boat batteries every month.
Hopefully yours can be brought back to life.

You definitely need to keep them charged all the time. I have a reminder on my phone that reminds me to charge my RZR and boat batteries every month.
Hopefully yours can be brought back to life.
Thanks Founder, I feel bad as it is my lazy butt fault.

Depending on the size of your battery charger, if it is 10 amp, it may take 12-20 hours to fully charge both batteries if charging them both while hooked up together.
RELH

Well, they were so drained they were reverse polarity. 4 years for flooded cell isn't great but we take rough roads and vibration is hard on them.
120 -130 bucks per battery. AGM sesled batteries can run 270 each. I will wait for spring to buy new ones. Keep em charged friends.

Do what I did mount a solar panel on the roof and they charge every day and you don't have to watch them so closely.
I want to get the Lithium batteries package for boondocking you can go offgrid for months and use the batteries for everything.
$3500 if the cost and I am saving my nickels for it.

I just ran in the a similar issue with my RV 6v Duracell batteries. They have been great until archery season when they would drain faster than before. Yesterday I went to pull them to get new ones. When I got the first one out of the rv, I noticed the caps and opened them up. Surprise, surprise I could not see the level of the water. I had never topped them off previously. I filled them with distilled water and they are good again. It might be something to check if you haven't already.

Just before my Wyoming elk hunt I installed two new Lifeline 6 volt AGM batteries in my 4 wheel camper. Worked great on two different hunts this year.

20200722_172000.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom