Deadliest shooting in US history

C

ClorideRUS

I got thinking about the quote ?This is the deadliest shooting in US history? so I did a little research on the Mountain Meadow Massacre and came across a really interesting report.

This report is by Brevet Major J.H. Carleton on May 25, 1859 to the US House of Representatives. This is an excerpt:

The boy told me that the inhabitants from Cedar City had come down and buried the murdered people in three large heaps, which he pointed out to me; the boy showed me two girls who had run some ways off before they were killed. The wolves had dug open the heaps, dragged out the bodies, and were then tearing the flesh from them. I counted 19 wolves at one of these places. I have since learned from the people who assisted in burying the bodies that there were 107 men, women and children found dead upon the ground. I am satisfied that all were not found. The most of the bodies were stripped of all their clothing, were then in a state of putrefaction, and presented a horrible sight. There was no property left upon the ground except one white ox, which is still at my ranch.

In no way am trying to diminish the horror of what happened at Virginia Tech but it seems evil people have been doing evil things for a long time.

The Mountain Meadow Massacre occurred on 9/11 1857. John D. Lee was the only person ever convicted of the crime.

I didn't know wolves were native to this area, so I found that interesting as well.

If anyone is interested here is the link to this info. http://www.mtn-meadows-assoc.com/

RUS

Utah wasn't actually a state then. I thought about that too. They probably mean it was the single worst rampage killing by a single shooter. Nevertheless, it was horrible.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

lots of that kind of stuff against the Indians some that come to mind right quick are Sand Creek, The Washita, Wounded Knee been bad people for as long as there has been people

If you are going that far back, I agree with the indian thing. mtn meadows was nothing compared to some of those slaughters.

Andy

Roy,
Yeah! I agree Ut. wasn't a State at the time but it was a US territory so the locals and Native Americans were US citizens, or NOT! I'm not sure. All I'm saying is, this kind of horrible stuff has been going on forever and unfortunately it's probably not over, nor ever will be. We can analyze these things forever but I don't think it will end anytime soon. So, what do we do now? As for me and mine, I'll do my best to protect them!

(JEEZE, even that sounds SCARY) Oh! Well, hope ya'all get my point.

RUS

Read you loud and clear. The best way to protect them is through education. We know what you mean.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-07 AT 06:43AM (MST)[p]This shooting does show that most college campus are to unsafe (I think this is just the start of this type of shooting) it shows the terrorist that same thing, we are to use to it being safe that we take it as second nature, and it happening in some-one else hometown that as a nation we have got lazy or worse we think that it can't happen here, It just shows we are not prepared for this type of action against our colleges, Even a high school has more safe guards in place then a college campus.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom