Deadline Extended

BigChiefJ

After the agonizing process to decide and use points, they extend the deadline! Now I have to keep thinking about whether or not to use those points.

Thanks Colorado!

Yes I confirmed this is true.
I am totally opposed to reopening the application.
There is a number you could call to voice your opinion against it if you like.
It’s at the Denver office
303-291-7377
you’ll get a answering machine and the gals name is Danielle.
Please call ASAP

They gave this lame excuse that their system crashed minutes before the 8 PM deadline so now they feel they need to extend it for another week!

I saw it crash because I was logged in to see if the ability to modify an application disappeared at the deadline.

Maybe I was part of crashing the system. ;)

It's like trying to be logged in for the moment draw results are posted.

I saw it crash because I was logged in to see if the ability to modify an application disappeared at the deadline.

Maybe I was part of crashing the system. ;)

It's like trying to be logged in for the moment draw results are posted.
So what time did it actually shut down?

I wonder if CPW is going to send out email notices that the application period Has been reopened.

I guess the best thing we can do here is close this thread if we can?
Can the original poster have it deleted?

I wonder if CPW is going to send out email notices that the application period Has been reopened.
Here you go...

Primary draw application deadline extended until Friday, April 9 at 8 p.m.

Hunters hoping to draw a big-game license in Colorado in 2021 will now have until Fri., April 9 at 8 p.m. MT to apply in the primary draw due to volume-related technological issues that kept some hunters from being able to apply before the original deadline of April 6 at 8 p.m.

Lame.
If you wait until the absolute last minute to apply you deserve whatever happens when the system crashes.
Nevada pulled this crap last year by extending the deadline.
Sending out emails to everyone informing them the deadline was
extended apply apply apply!
They had a 30% increase in applicants and the drawing odds went to hell because of it.

It's all over the internet. Deleting this thread won't make a difference.
From what I’ve seen on this thread it’s already going to have some guys changing their applications which will likely have a negative effect on some of us.

From what I’ve seen on this thread it’s already going to have some guys changing their applications which will likely have a negative effect on some of us.

My point is I've seen this 10 times before I got here. Deleting one thread on MM won't change that. The horse is out of the barn.

My point is I've seen this 10 times before I got here. Deleting one thread on MM won't change that. The horse is out of the barn.
That’s true but if I can help get the horse back in the barn I will do what I can. Thanks

On the one hand I agree that it’s BS when you have had 30 days to apply. On the other hand if the draw deadline is xx day at xx time you should be able to apply up until that deadline... period. If the system shitz out and you can’t apply during their stated application time it should be extended, but I think 24 hrs at the absolute most.

On the one hand I agree that it’s BS when you have had 30 days to apply. On the other hand if the draw deadline is xx day at xx time you should be able to apply up until that deadline... period. If the system shitz out and you can’t apply during their stated application time it should be extended, but I think 24 hrs at the absolute most.
Exactly but if you’re going to extend the deadline at least don’t allow previous applicants to go in and change their choices during the extended period like they are doing now.

Looks like Founder bailed ya’ll out! You can sleep tonight knowing your odds have been saved from the masses that were all going to change to units posted. Saw this drama coming five minutes after CO announced the changes two years ago, hammered on the leftover list, banked the points now gliding into my deer tag with point creep insurance.

CO saw the recent price increase for helicopter fuel to fly those wolves in, Oh we can cover that in three more days and then some watch this another 50k plus in app fees. Dozens of procrastinators - several of my lazy friends - will now get tags. All about the $$$$$$$$

After the agonizing process to decide and use points, they extend the deadline! Now I have to keep thinking about whether or not to use those points.

Thanks Colorado!
Dang dude, I saw your other post on going hunting. I don’t blame you, but not all the bucks will die this year.
But like you, now I’m questioning........ But I’ll probably stick with my plan.

This is bad news boys,lot of guys scrambling now and changing apps cuz they had a day to hear and think how bad they F.....d up.Going to change some units draw odds for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not surprisin, it’s the new liberal norm. It’s just not fair to the guys that wait for the last minute to apply, Idaho, and Nevada did it last year and will probably do it again. Now everyone jump on the site and switch it up to really make the process more complicated. I just changed from a forth season tag to a first season tag to make it easier for the bottom feeders to feel better

Not everyone waited until the last minute. But with reissue tags, everyone will have to wait until the exact minute! Prob be fine though right??? :mad:

Remember though that with the reissue process, the CPW didn't want to change it back to the free for all, 11 AM wednesday. The wildlife board went against their wishes.

Last edited:
I’m sure with the government in charge of overseeing the low income tag program that half the participants will be high income people.

Good deal. My cousin waited till the last minute to put in and got booted out more than once. Well I guess this is a blessing since he put in so we can be a group otherwise I was on my own if I get drawn. Told him to go buy a lottery ticket!!

The decision making in this state and nation seems to be oriented toward the lowest common denominator. At least lately.

Soon we will have different deadlines based on socio-economic factors.
If I identify as a minority does that mean I get to jump in front of of the line of all those evil racist white people?

Good deal. My cousin waited till the last minute to put in and got booted out more than once. Well I guess this is a blessing since he put in so we can be a group otherwise I was on my own if I get drawn. Told him to go buy a lottery ticket!!
So what Hunt did you apply for and how many points do you have res or non-res?
Thanks

These forums are worse then the Huntin Fool and Epic for point creep! We are our own worse enemies! We just can’t stand wanting to know everyone’s strategies! I would delete all these application for Colorado deadlines!

These forums are worse then the Huntin Fool and Epic for point creep! We are our own worse enemies! We just can’t stand wanting to know everyone’s strategies! I would delete all these application for Colorado deadlines!
I agree 100%.
I was able to get one of the threads I started deleted thanks to founder but the other guys didn’t have the same luck or they didn’t try hard enough!

Yes especially if you want to reduce the Colorado draw odds buy keeping the stupid thread alive!

Dang dude, I saw your other post on going hunting. I don’t blame you, but not all the bucks will die this year.
But like you, now I’m questioning........ But I’ll probably stick with my plan.

I still have time to change or stick with my original application. Sometimes a random draw is easier because there's no points to worry about wasting.

I'm turkey hunting today.

Well I "upgraded" my application to a higher point hunt. Now I probably won't draw, but one applicant with less points will get my original April 6th choice.

I figure this is my year to draw in NM. :)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom