Deceiving Hunting Pics

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I know there are certain things to do that exaggerates the size of antlers in a pic but this year was the first time that I had ever noticed it in any pictures I had been in or taken myself. It was not on purpose but the eve of the kill, I was scrolling back through my phone and was shocked at how good my buck looked in certain photos. Here they are. The first pic he looks quite a better buck than the rest of the pics. He looks a bit better in pic #2 than say in #4. Share yours if you have them....

IMG_0945.jpg
IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

Taking the picture downhill almost always looks bigger than uphill. Camera angle can make a huge difference.

I know there are certain things to do that exaggerates the size of antlers in a pic but this year was the first time that I had ever noticed it in any pictures I had been in or taken myself. It was not on purpose but the eve of the kill, I was scrolling back through my phone and was shocked at how good my buck looked in certain photos. Here they are. The first pic he looks quite a better buck than the rest of the pics. He looks a bit better in pic #2 than say in #4. Share yours if you have them....

View attachment 97756View attachment 97758

View attachment 97757

View attachment 97759
What State gives out 2 mule deer buck tags?

Pictures from a low angle always make the animal look bigger. I’m ok with that, it shows the antlers better.
The ones that I think are cheesy is when the hunter sits in the next county behind the animal or does the long arm pose.
Then there’s the new fad, where they tip the buck on his nose. I think that looks hideous.

Pictures from a low angle always make the animal look bigger. I’m ok with that, it shows the antlers better.
The ones that I think are cheesy is when the hunter sits in the next county behind the animal or does the long arm pose.
Then there’s the new fad, where they tip the buck on his nose. I think that looks hideous.
The African plains game outfitters display their horns like that. Maybe it’s carry over from folks that have hunted Africa.

Maybe……….. Founder should, henceforth, require the “Wiszard Rule” for all future dead animal posts.

That being, “Two pictures….. or it didn’t happen, or it doesn’t count as a BONAFIDE MonsterMuley muley. One at arms lengthy, one at arms tight and 15 feet separating the lenses from the tip of the nose.

Otherwise…….. it’s in the “Wannabe Bigger” classification section. Which is still a B&C PISSCUTTER but, just ain’t MM BONAFIDE.

Great job guys! I totally agree, it’s pretty wild how different angles and distances can give totally different reference and perspective to the size of the same critter!

It’s always good to spend the time taking lots and lots of pics from a variety of poses and locations. Using the skyline or contrasting background to highlight the antlers or horns.

There’s a trick to using various angles and photo distances that highlight the critters best characteristics and the scenery hunted.

Last edited:
It’s that magical elevation line deer turn to elk. I’ve had a couple brilliant people tell me about this over the years, “no joke”.

Can't wait for the new 3-D camera to come out...that'll stop this photo-shop ****....then you'll have to buy a new 3-D computer screen...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom