Decent antelope unit for non res

PSEbackcountry

I seen a few units in the refs where it was 100% draw. I’m wanting to hunt lopes in 2021 with my bow. Any help on unit info like lope #’s and obviously going to be pressured a ton with hunters due to 100% or unlimited. Thank you!

i pull the unlimited tag every year because i live here and its something to do before September. i agree with elkboy, i wouldn't pay non rez prices for it. if your going to spend money on an out of state tag Wyoming is far better bang for your buck. of course if you were to draw a limited entry tag thats a different story.

I am a smart allic but not this time haha. It just isn't a good pronghorn state. We have low population and poor trophy quality. I get the unlimited archery tag every year. It's the hardest hunt I do every fall. If I didn't live here I would only pronghorn hunt Montana or Wyoming. And I apply in both those states. There's actually better archery pronghorn hunting in Nebraska believe it or not

I agree that nonresidents shouldn't waste their time or money on Idaho archery pronghorn. I even have doubts about wasting the $$$ for the application fee for the pronghorn rifle hunts in Idaho. I've killed pronghorn in 6 different units in Wyoming and have hunted or spent some time in most of the units in Idaho that have pronghorn. Idaho just doesn't compare to Wyoming when it comes to pronghorn. Why waste your time and money on an Idaho pronghorn hunt when you can look over 10X as many bucks with the same amount of effort in Wyoming. Idaho is also way behind Wyoming and several other states when it comes to B&C pronghorn. Spend a little time looking at pronghorns in NM and you will be very disappointed with the average horn size in Idaho.

I totally agree with these postings Idaho SUCKS for lopes 2020 NR price for hunting lics - archery stamp & lope tag $487 . A lot of $$ to shoot maybe a 13" goat if your lucky & next year all of those prices are going up. Last time I looked at WY it was about the same price & the number or lopes that WY has is Amazing !! I have a buddy that hunts WY every year for lopes they see 100 plus a day they tag out every year !!

go ahead and derail this thread... I've actually never hunted antelope in Wyoming and would love to. are the over the counter options good or is it a points game to make it worth it?

PP game in Wyoming, you need a few for a decent area with access. Buy a PP now for next year.
We do have areas that give a few random draw tags.
Some 0-1 PP areas can be hunted successfully but you'll work for your animal.

I live here and get the unlimited 21A-1 archery every year. It’s not worth it to come from another state. Especially these times. I have never seen the antelope numbers this low. I’ve been over 5 units this year and I saw 5 or less pronghorn in all but one. That one unit is very hard to hunt because most live on private land and when they come off it’s completely flat 2 foot tall sagebrush in most places. I did see a couple really nice bucks but I would say the odds of sticking one are maybe a fraction above 0. I talked to a Conservation Officer and he told me the bad winter a few years ago took a toll on them and they keep going down. I only got the tag this year because it’s a way to go hunting with a few buddies before elk and deer seasons start. I’m not going to apply for it next year unless they decide they want to again.

Buddy did kill a 81” buck opening day in the un limited archery tag this season but that’s not normal

I live here and get the unlimited 21A-1 archery every year. It’s not worth it to come from another state. Especially these times. I have never seen the antelope numbers this low. I’ve been over 5 units this year and I saw 5 or less pronghorn in all but one. That one unit is very hard to hunt because most live on private land and when they come off it’s completely flat 2 foot tall sagebrush in most places. I did see a couple really nice bucks but I would say the odds of sticking one are maybe a fraction above 0. I talked to a Conservation Officer and he told me the bad winter a few years ago took a toll on them and they keep going down. I only got the tag this year because it’s a way to go hunting with a few buddies before elk and deer seasons start. I’m not going to apply for it next year unless they decide they want to again.

Thank you for the advice I got 1 goat point for Utah. Looks like I’m headed back to the Plateau in Utah in 2 years. Which I’m perfectly fine with that!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom