Decent mileage so far.

feddoc

Long Time Member
Ive been using that green leafy thing for transmission options. This thing rides smooth as a baby's butt and is very quiet. That was on a 300 mile leg of that trip up and down hills in southern CO.
v3ZxFHE.jpg

Automatics are for PU$$IES!

A Short Story:

I Take the Old Beater Down to the Tire Shop!

Front Left has had a Slow Leak for Months!

3 Times in the Tire Shop & Still A Slow Leak!

They Tag the Mirror with a Paper saying Front Left has a Slow Leak!

I Watch A Young Punk-Ass go out & Attempts do pull it in to their Shop!

I Walk Out & He's Grinding the Piss out of My Trans!

I Tell Him:

This Truck is Perty Much Done But I Don't Want My F'N Transmission Knocked out of it!

He Couldn't Drive It!

So I Tell Him:

You Want Me To call My Wife,She Knows How to Drive it!

I had new tires put on my 7.3 manual transmission truck. It stalled three times when they were test driving it after the tires were put on.

Dirtymaxxxxxs are for plicks. :)

I also have a diesel 2020 F250 FX4 with 3.55s in it with the new 10 speed. Consistently over 20mpg running 75-80 with no trailer. My Raptor is lucky to get 16mpg.

To My Knowledge there hasn't been any 2 Fuel Tank pick-ups for Quite a few years!

I've still got a Pickup that Has 2 Tanks & it Might need a 3rd Tank!:D

I Always like the 2 Tank systems!

I always thought as it being Insurance that if One Fuel Pump Failed I've got a Spare!

But The Government Fixed that several years ago & Told Auto Makers it would be one Fuel Tank only & Mounted inside the Frame Rails!

Now & Finally Truck Manufactures are starting to offer Bigger Fuel Tanks Finally!

I Think Dodge Offers a 50 Gallon Tank & doc says His Ford has a 48 Gallon Tank!

That'll Hurt When You Fill Her Up!:D

Two tanks or one? Do they even make a truck with 2 tanks anymore?

The dealer says 48 gallons.
Was that a special order for the 48 gallon tank. I believe I have the 32 gallon tank on my F-150 and I only get 19-20 on the highway. That's great mileage for that big of a truck. Big Fords that's where the power is at. NICE TRUCK

I knew the longbeds (what mine is) had bigger tanks than the stubbies, but I didn't know there was an even bigger one. I would gladly trade the stupid sunroof for a bigger tank.

But then again, driving around with a 55 gal drum hanging off the bottom of the truck somewhere doesn't seem quite right.

Even Though The Dealers Software Info Says it Has One & Shows it!

There is Not one on My Truck!

Most Trucks have them!

But Mine is Cab & Chassis!

According to the GM Mechanic it gets it's Signal a different way through all the Electronics BS!

I Disassembled the Entire Front end looking for it!

Elkassassin

This is still bugging me, did you ever find that sensor?

Was that a special order for the 48 gallon tank. I believe I have the 32 gallon tank on my F-150 and I only get 19-20 on the highway. That's great mileage for that big of a truck. Big Fords that's where the power is at. NICE TRUCK
Nope, it came that way. I was hoping for a blue truck, but this one will work. The 4.10 axle ratio was just a bonus.

I had my 97 7.3 in the shop 3 times after having mods done. Finally it is running awesome. Glow plugs, relay and then they found a vacuum line disconnected. 140 k miles and it is running strong. New rigs cost from 50 to 100k so no need to sell a rig that is still doing well.

I had my 97 7.3 in the shop 3 times after having mods done. Finally it is running awesome. Glow plugs, relay and then they found a vacuum line disconnected. 140 k miles and it is running strong. New rigs cost from 50 to 100k so no need to sell a rig that is still doing well.
That reminds me...the sales manager told me there were no glow plugs.

And there is no transmission dip stick.

Having no glow plugs is a good thing feddoc. Cold weather starting is the tough part of owning it. I don't use it for a daily driver so it is ok.
I can roll coal with my stroker but I prefer to avoid it.

Last edited:
On the Ford Superduties, the long beds come with 48 gal tanks and the short beds get the 36 gal. There are several aftermarket replacement tanks for the OEM tank and they are 55-60 gals.

On the Ford Superduties, the long beds come with 48 gal tanks and the short beds get the 36 gal. There are several aftermarket replacement tanks for the OEM tank and they are 55-60 gals.
My son has the 36 in his 3/4 ton and it offers no long distance running. He has to fuel every town towing all the stuff he does. He is looking to do an after market tank that is bigger.

if you put numbers to it, most people don't drive or pull enough to justify the price of a diesel. much higher price tag, higher fuel price, def, higher maint. cost, etc. takes a lot of miles pulling to justify the extra cost, unless you just have money. I should know, I have two diesel trucks.

You Have 2 Diesels & You Want a Gasser?

if you put numbers to it, most people don't drive or pull enough to justify the price of a diesel. much higher price tag, higher fuel price, def, higher maint. cost, etc. takes a lot of miles pulling to justify the extra cost, unless you just have money. I should know, I have two diesel trucks.

Hey doc!

If You've got an Extra 7-8K laying around?

I'll Tune it,Take the Obama Pipe & Obama Juice Off & Take that F'N Speed Limiter Off & You'll Have a Truck You'll Love!

You Have 2 Diesels & You Want a Gasser?
I don't pull as much anymore, next truck I get will be a gasser. my trailer with two horses is about 10,000 lb. gasser will do just fine. I used to drag two horses all over the state in a chevy half ton with a 305, did just fine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom