Dedicated tags for Oquirrh stansbury

257weatherby

Did anyone draw a dedicated hunter permit for the oquirrh stansbury unit this year?
I am trying to figure out if they actually issued permits or two points was not enough

I'm guessing two points was not enough. I'm sure a few dedicated tags were issued with the increase in tag numbers this year.

In 2020 they didn’t issue any tags for dedicated hunter and their where 429 hunters that put in so I think there was no tags available it must of been maxed out.
This year would of been a tough year to draw one...

We drew with three points this year. Last years debacle will mess the DH tags up in this unit for a long time. Next year will be the high tag year for the DH’s cycling out of the program so the draw odds should be much better. Good luck next year.

Last edited:
I did the math last year and figured there would be zero available this year if tag numbers stayed the same. They added 300 tags this year I think so that added what 45 dedicated tags to the pool this year? Next year should have quite a few tags come available. I have 5 points now so I will be drawing next year (did points only again this year). Might be the last time I draw it for a while. I love the unit but it ain't worth waiting the time it's going to start taking to draw it. it was 3-4 years for rifle before they cut 1/3 of the rifle tags........

This is what I came up with before I put in and then after they added the 300 tags this year. 2019 243 DH tags issued. 2020 0 tags issued with 2018 and 2019 DH enrolled being over the 15% cap, 2021 had 2300 total tags available 2300 X .15 = 345 total DH tags. 345 - 243 = 102 DH tags available for the 2021 draw (57 tags available before they added the 300 extra tags this year). We got two of the 102 DH tags with three point, 100 more people got successful email for this hunt this year. All things equal 2022 will have 243 DH tags available then in 2023 it will be back to 0 DH tags available and that is the reason I stated that 2020 will mess thing up for many year with the disproportionate tags available each year in the three year cycle. If you want to draw the tag, next year is your year and it is not the time to buy a point waiting for 2023. The only way 2023 will have DH tags is if tag quotas are higher than 2022 tag quotes. I hope this is helpful and good luck.

My friends (youth) son drew the tag this year with zero points. So I'm guessing 20 percent are reserved to the youth. They draw first before adults start drawing.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom