Deep Creek elk

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
I spent alot of time on the Deeps from 2006-2011. My dad drew in 2007 and had a great hunt and killed his first bull elk. then the next few years I spent helping others when I could. I've been busy with other hunts the last few years so I haven't been out. I know the last few years they have cut tags, which is a great thing.
My dad got lucky and drew the early rifle again this year with 3 points. He will be limited in his hiking so my question is this.... will we still be able to find elk in the lower areas-bench on the west side? I'm worried we just won't be able to hike the steep country. We are not a fan of the circus around the fields, but, with his limited hiking ability, we may have to change up our game plan from hunting the high Country like last time. I am excited to have a chance at round #2 with the man that introduced me to the outdoors.

>I spent alot of time on
>the Deeps from 2006-2011. My
>dad drew in 2007 and
>had a great hunt and
>killed his first bull elk.
> then the next few
>years I spent helping others
>when I could.
>I've been busy with other
>hunts the last few years
>so I haven't been out.
> I know the
>last few years they have
>cut tags, which is a
>great thing.
> My dad got
>lucky and drew the early
>rifle again this year with
>3 points. He
>will be limited in his
>hiking so my question is
>this.... will we
>still be able to find
>elk in the lower areas-bench
>on the west side? I'm
>worried we just won't be
>able to hike the steep
>country. We are
>not a fan of the
>circus around the fields, but,
>with his limited hiking ability,
>we may have to change
>up our game plan from
>hunting the high Country like
>last time. I am
>excited to have a chance
>at round #2 with the
>man that introduced me to
>the outdoors.

Well booty!

You could Try Party Hunting!

And Stomp that Steep Nasty Ssshhitt once again!

Maybe take Travis with you just for the Possible Pack out!:D

(((RAZZIN!:D:D:D)))

Best of Luck to your Dad!

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Well one-dry, I don't know enough to help but a huge congratulations to your pa for popping the tag with only 3 points.
Best of luck,
Zeke

Bootie,
I don't know much either, but it's only been a year or two since I talked to a guy who did well out there in the lower country. Hopefully it is still an option for you and your Dad.
Very cool you get a round 2!
I will rack my pea brain and see if I can remember who I talked to and PM you if I hear different.
Congrats.

Thanks guys, with Wyoming, Colorado and utah deer tags in my pocket, it will be a busy fall. But my dad's hunt takes first priority. We have great memories from his first hunt and can't wait to add more.
Come to think about it, 2007 was the last hunt I've been on with him. I think he should hunt more, and be thinks I should hunt less. ;)

Enjoy him while you can! LBH and I lost our pops years ago. Time marches on.

My wife thinks I hunt too much so I've taken the past couple months off since application season isn't hunting. haha

Zeke

Ha I warned my wife yesterday that from mid August- mid November I won't be around much. Ironically my wife is having a yard sale today with only my hunting gear. she threw the rest of my stuff into the street. Not sure what's going on :(

>Ha I warned my wife yesterday
>that from mid August- mid
>November I won't be around
>much. Ironically my wife is
>having a yard sale today
>with only my hunting gear.
> she threw the rest
>of my stuff into the
>street. Not sure what's
>going on :(
>

Well I Know whats going on!:D:D:D

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Or Should I say:

I know what will be going on!

I Have No Tags!

And Ms booty has an Eye for a Good Eye!:D

Right booty?

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

I'm not packing any elk out for dryboob this year! The only reason he helped me last year was I promised he could eat the Dingle Berries. Just selfish!

Good to know Travis, good luck killing a bull on Dutton. I'm bringing my favorite rabbit distress call and I know how to blow it!

Well booty!

I didn't even know I Copped a Look!

Let alone a Feel!:D (((RAZZIN!!!:D:D:D)))

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

I just asked her if she remember Bobcatbebopassassin. She said "who" :)

13 posts and haven't even got an answer. I guess nobody has been on the Deeps the last year or two. :(

>I just asked her if she
>remember Bobcatbebopassassin. She said "who"
>:)
>
>13 posts and haven't even got
>an answer. I guess
>nobody has been on the
>Deeps the last year or
>two. :(

Hey booty!

Ask Her if She Remembers the Outlaw that Looked Her Straight in the Eyes a few Years ago at the EXPO!:D

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

I Told You To Cross the Fence for the Big Bulls!

[Font][Font color = "blue"]I Changed My Signature Just for NVB!
Like 6 Damn Times Now!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom