Deer 67 vs 22 third season.

pwrlineman

I've about decided to cash in my points for one of these two units. A buddy of mine hunted 22 a couple of years ago and thinks I should apply there. Him and his dad killed average bucks but they had a great time and think they could have done better with a little more time. However, I'm not sure I want to deal with the crowds in 22. I'd appreciate some input regarding the two units. I've heard how tough deer hunting was last year but I'm ready to cash in and start hunting more often if possible. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
22 is in the dumps big time.... with increased tag quotas it’s going to get ugly. I live extremely close to the unit and you won’t catch me hunting for many years to come with the kind of shape it’s in. I would hunt 67 a hundred times over 22 unless your into road hunting in a sea of orange and sub 150 inch deer that is...

Hi Coloradoboy,

I am in the same boat as pwrlineman, I was thinking about 21 2nd season, what are your thoughts on unit 21?

Thanks!

22 is in the dumps big time.... with increased tag quotas it’s going to get ugly. I live extremely close to the unit and you won’t catch me hunting for many years to come with the kind of shape it’s in. I would hunt 67 a hundred times over 22 unless your into road hunting in a sea of orange and sub 150 inch deer that is...
Thank you Coloradoboy for the input. I prefer as much solitude as possible and like to park the truck to spot and stalk. Thanks.

I sent you a PM. thanks

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom