Deer Archery

Seven points will get you your choice of many great tags, but the only good one is that which you have the time to scout and learn well. If you do not know any, then pick one close enough to home that you can get out and begin studying. This may not sound helpful, but a lot of hunters come home empty-handed, even in the best zones, simply because they do not know where to start. Where do you live, and do you know anyone who hunts near you that can help?

Seven points will get you your choice of many great tags, but the only good one is that which you have the time to scout and learn well. If you do not know any, then pick one close enough to home that you can get out and begin studying. This may not sound helpful, but a lot of hunters come home empty-handed, even in the best zones, simply because they do not know where to start. Where do you live, and do you know anyone who hunts near you that can help?
I live in area of Mt. Pinos (d13). I have 180 hours so far of vacation, so I should have time to look around.

I live well to the north of you and so am not familiar with the units in your area. I personally like hunting steep, open country that keeps the vehicles and hunters on the road. You have plenty of that on the east side of the south/central sierra. I have seen some very good country and animals near Bridgeport, which should be an easy draw for you. Also great deer along the National Park boundaries (Kings Canyon/Sequoia, Yosemite) What lies below that, I cannot say.

knowing the unit is the most important,I can keep going back to the same few areas I have hunted the last 15 years and I will see bucks every single time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom