Deer hunt

muzzhunter

I posted this in the deer section also, but how many non-res points should a guy count on banking before I could draw a tag with a good chance for a 160-170 class buck? It would be either muzz or rifle.
Thanks,
Dave

At least 4 or 5 points should get you started as a non res

$150 each year you put in

$750 for 5 points pluss about $250 for a tag means you just spent $1000 to get your buck

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Thanks for the reply. $1000 bones is stil cheaper than buying a landowner voucher or doing a guided hunt. I guess it just comes down to the old saying you gotta pay to play. Thanks again, I have never applied in Nevada before. Any recommendations on units to look at or areas to start scouting? I am from Utah so somewhere closer to I-80 would be good, although I'd go anywhere.
Thanks,
Dave

muzzhunter, I've found that any time you draw a tag for Nevada you can expect a quality hunt. I believe each unit holds potenial for great bucks with some being a little better than other as is the case in most states. Half the battle is drawing the tag. Any of the units that border Utah from the East would be great. Good luck!

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

Dave, I'am a non-res hunter just drew a tag for area 10, units 101-108. I only had 2 bonus points. The season is the early rifle Oct 5-20 I'll let you know what quality of deer are up there in that unit. I'll be scouting a few times in July. Thanks Marc

Marc, sounds good I'd love to hear what ya see. Also how ya do on the hunt. Hope you find a dandy! Good luck!
Thanks,
Dave

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom