Deer Hunting situation now for Az Strip- A & B-‘Moisture forecast for Hunting Seasons ??

Jerry

What’s the situation looking like for deer for this fall ? Reports for Kaibab coming in as somewhat good- what about Strip Deer ?-‘anyone been up there looking ? Always interesting to know.
Thanks !
Jerry Gold

Haven’t been out on the strip personally but in the past week St George and the strip area south of us has been getting hammered every afternoon with the monsoon moisture. All the washes have been running constantly for the last week so there’s plenty of moisture out there now

Haven’t been out on the strip personally but in the past week St George and the strip area south of us has been getting hammered every afternoon with the monsoon moisture. All the washes have been running constantly for the last week so there’s plenty of moisture out there now
Thanks so much - just what I thought ! ??
Jerry Gold ??

Well below average on antler growth for the Strip this year not only for moisture but age class is shot, Kaibab is looking fine as usual not as weather dependent. 13A has a few great big bucks, after the 2 state wide tags killed in 13B this week things are getting slim. Expect another tough year, don't pass a true 190" buck IMO. Headed back to the Strip today.

I wouldn't worry to much if I had a tag. No cameras is going to make them work harder thats a big one there. Unless some ones cheating, Good luck all.....................................BULLL!

I wouldn't worry to much if I had a tag. No cameras is going to make them work harder thats a big one there. Unless some ones cheating, Good luck all.....................................BULLL!
No cameras didn’t prevent outfitters from finding two of the biggest bucks on the strip!

No cameras didn’t prevent outfitters from finding two of the biggest bucks on the strip!
It didn't but I bet they had to work harder and He knows that place as good as anyone. And who says some are not still using cameras . Not acusing anyone ,just saying, very hard law to enforce. That will be a issue in coming Years..................BULL!

I heard cameras haven't even slowed down up on the strip. They know nothing can be proven and there is too much money at stake to stop using them.

Was up for 7 days last week. Checked 30 ponds and 20ish catchments. Saw 1 cam on a catchment, appeared to be an abandoned one from last year. I’d say they slowed down. Back up tomorrow for 3 weeks. Best of luck to all that have a tag.

Sounds like I was fed some bad info. Have had three people message me who have been up there recently that say they didn't see a cam. Good to hear.

What’s the situation looking like for deer for this fall ? Reports for Kaibab coming in as somewhat good- what about Strip Deer ?-‘anyone been up there looking ? Always interesting

What’s the situation looking like for deer for this fall ? Reports for Kaibab coming in as somewhat good- what about Strip Deer ?-‘anyone been up there looking ? Always interesting to know.
Thanks !
Jerry Gold
I've spent several days on 13b this Summer as I always have been for over 30 years . The first Buck the Bundys killed this year , that Bucks location , where it was killed , received the least amount of precipitation than anywhere else on the Arizona Strip! That should give everyone an idea what to expect elsewhere on the Arizona Strip! I run several Trailcameras out there . This year they've been pretty useless due to the prolonged Monsoon ! But I have gotten some Giants on Camera . But I've also have spent days glassing and have turned up some Giants in excess of 220" to 240" !! I know the Bundys have spent a ton of time out there this season . I really haven't seen anyone else or know of anyone else that has put in the time and work in like the Bundys ! The amount of rain it's received is the most I've seen since 2014 !!! Its unreal ! It received another almost 1/2" on the South end just 2 days ago ! As for the Antler Growth , I believe most have underestimated just how good it really is out there !

Arizona revised statute R12-4-303 - Amended
Unlawful Devices, Methods, and Ammunition:
Section - A, paragragh 5 (AZ 2022-2023 Hunting Regulations, page 103)

." A person shall not place, maintain, or use a trail camera, or images, video, to include location, time, or data from a trail camera, for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife or locating wildlife for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife."

Hello AZMIGHTYMULIES,
Are we all to presume that you are placing trail cameras for the fun of it? Do you have a tag in this unit, or do you know anyone who does? Are you passing any of the photos or information on to anyone else that has a client, that has a tag?
Just asking for a friend!

Elkchaser

I don't believe in cameras , never used one never will. But if some one doesn't have a tag and feels free to scout and use one ,go for it. however I see your point. He could secretly have a friend He's giving info to or selling it. Thats the big loophole in this. Not accusing him just saying . G&F has no way of proving it.....................BULL!

Hello Largebull,
You are correct! Enforcement of this new rule is going to be tough. I will say that we did not see one single camera while scouting for, or during, my recent archery Bull hunt :). That gives me encouragement that the vast majority of hunters are following the rules and that most hunters support the new rule. There are some modifications and/ or additions that could be added to the rule if it becomes necessary. Time will tell.
Good luck on your hunts this fall.

Elkchaser

Arizona revised statute R12-4-303 - Amended
Unlawful Devices, Methods, and Ammunition:
Section - A, paragragh 5 (AZ 2022-2023 Hunting Regulations, page 103)

." A person shall not place, maintain, or use a trail camera, or images, video, to include location, time, or data from a trail camera, for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife or locating wildlife for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife."

Hello AZMIGHTYMULIES,
Are we all to presume that you are placing trail cameras for the fun of it? Do you have a tag in this unit, or do you know anyone who does? Are you passing any of the photos or information on to anyone else that has a client, that has a tag?
Just asking for a friend!

Elkchaser
I do not have a Tag . The way the system is now , I'll likely never be able to draw that Tag ! I've been going out there regularly for over 30 years ! It's all out of Passion ! I know a few people who have Tags and have spoken to a few who have Tags . And I will not provide anyone any detailed info about the Bucks I'm getting on Camera ! I will be Posting pics or video of these Bucks on my Social Media Accounts , absolutely! But I won't specify there locations etc .

I don't believe in cameras , never used one never will. But if some one doesn't have a tag and feels free to scout and use one ,go for it. however I see your point. He could secretly have a friend He's giving info to or selling it. Thats the big loophole in this. Not accusing him just saying . G&F has no way of proving it.....................BULL!
Yes , I could always secretly provide intell on Bucks , but I won't be . I have a whole different purpose in doing what I'm doing .

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom