Deer Hunts unit 127 and 126

Jonb23

I have one additional late season deer hunt in unit 127 and two in unit 126. Dec 6th thru 10th on two of the hunts the last one will be a four day hunt at discounted rate. Both units are in prime mule deer country in Southeast Colorado and we very rarely kill anything smaller than 180" also kill 200" deer almost every year. Killed two last year. Call Jon 719 688 3736 for more info

I dont know why you laugh at that. We do rarely kill bucks under 180". After guiding last year I had one day to hunt. Passed on this 190" in morning and ended up getting him that evening. Laugh all you want and my clients and myself will keep killing the big ones.
FB_IMG_1591938164812.jpg
FB_IMG_1591938164812.jpg

That's the problem with alot of places. People are shooting these 160" 170" young bucks and never giving them time to grow up.

He was 30" wide old buck that's why I shot him. He does score 190" . That's not the point I was making. Look at his face. He's really old. That morning I could of shot a beautiful buck bigger than this one but he was young and will be huge this year. We manage our deer right. Shoot old bucks and let young ones grow bigger.

Ya. I'm pretty new to these sites. I figured there would be less trolls on hunting sites. You have a good season to. Have a good one!!

I have one additional late season deer hunt in unit 127 and two in unit 126. Dec 6th thru 10th on two of the hunts the last one will be a four day hunt at discounted rate. Both units are in prime mule deer country in Southeast Colorado and we very rarely kill anything smaller than 180" also kill 200" deer almost every year. Killed two last year. Call Jon 719 688 3736 for more info
Jon- I’d like to know more about your areas & hunts in these areas & the bucks you all take. I’m a 73 year old very experienced hunter , but still get around well. I’m sitting on 12 deer points, 15 elk points, 7 antelope points - & I’m a Colorado resident living in Windsor, Colorado, just east of Ft Collins. I’m also a devoted huge B/C pronghorn hunter
when I can locate excellent permits - which isn’t very often !! Please let me know your details when you can. Thanks very much !
Jerry Gold- In Windsor, Colorado-???
EM: [email protected]
Cell #: 307-772-1623 - I used to live in Wyoming.

Interesting! Could you please elaborate on your hunt. I’d like to hear the whole story. Thanks
Thank you for asking..I am going to try to tell the whole story again. I get blocked from posting if everything isn't warm and fuzzy about an outfitter. My brother and I have hunted in 26 states and provinces and I'm not a troll. Three years ago we hunted with a goose guide for deer in Lamar. My Brother had Bryce Nunnery as I guide and shot a 180 buck. We booked for last year B&J for last fall....I was to hunt with Jon in127 and brother was to hunt with Bryce in 126. Got there and Jon guided us both in two units a million miles apart...Bryce was hunting with his millionaire buddies that flew their jet into Lamar. Sucking hind teat. I am being sarcastic... Spend $10,000 between the two of us. Jerry did post my number and I will answer all calls. Hooper

Thank you for asking..I am going to try to tell the whole story again. I get blocked from posting if everything isn't warm and fuzzy about an outfitter. My brother and I have hunted in 26 states and provinces and I'm not a troll. Three years ago we hunted with a goose guide for deer in Lamar. My Brother had Bryce Nunnery as I guide and shot a 180 buck. We booked for last year B&J for last fall....I was to hunt with Jon in127 and brother was to hunt with Bryce in 126. Got there and Jon guided us both in two units a million miles apart...Bryce was hunting with his millionaire buddies that flew their jet into Lamar. Sucking hind teat. I am being sarcastic... Spend $10,000 between the two of us. Jerry did post my number and I will answer all calls. Hooper

Sorry for the other post. But when someone shows up with 1-2 posts and posts something like you did, it is usually a troll. Sounds like anyone wanting to book with this guy needs to give you a call

Outwest Adventures. I’ll jump in here as I know Rob. The Eastern Plains can be the wild west at times. Big name outfitters along with some small hometown operations. You don’t know what you are going to get at times. You can pay 5k or you can pay 12-15k. I hunted a large parcel for a healthy trespass fee in 2018. A buddy of mine and I harvested a 175 and 190. Next year the place was leased by a big name outfitter for 35k plus. I’ll bet he doesn’t harvest more than 2-3 mule deer a year off the 30k acres. That same year, the same outfitter offered 12-15k for a particular deer, they later harvested the deer on another property as shown on Buck Commander. If you have the money to spend you can get on good deer. I’m for capitalism but the game has gotten a little crazy on the plains.

The problem is spending the money and not getting what was agreed upon. Which is exactly what the issue is here. 5 days 1X1, which turned into 5 days 2x1, which due to the tags being in separate units turned into a mess. I don’t know what options a hunter has to protect himself from this type of occurrence other than research and references and yes Rob does plenty of that.

Outwest Adventures. I’ll jump in here as I know Rob. The Eastern Plains can be the wild west at times. Big name outfitters along with some small hometown operations. You don’t know what you are going to get at times. You can pay 5k or you can pay 12-15k. I hunted a large parcel for a healthy trespass fee in 2018. A buddy of mine and I harvested a 175 and 190. Next year the place was leased by a big name outfitter for 35k plus. I’ll bet he doesn’t harvest more than 2-3 mule deer a year off the 30k acres. That same year, the same outfitter offered 12-15k for a particular deer, they later harvested the deer on another property as shown on Buck Commander. If you have the money to spend you can get on good deer. I’m for capitalism but the game has gotten a little crazy on the plains.

The problem is spending the money and not getting what was agreed upon. Which is exactly what the issue is here. 5 days 1X1, which turned into 5 days 2x1, which due to the tags being in separate units turned into a mess. I don’t know what options a hunter has to protect himself from this type of occurrence other than research and references and yes Rob does plenty of that.
I see so many folks get the raw end of the stick in SW Colorado. It’s sad, regardless of research and references. It’s not worth the risk.

I see so many folks get the raw end of the stick in SW Colorado. It’s sad, regardless of research and references. It’s not worth the risk.
My point is that the schemes are everywhere.
I’ll go to the Worst I know of ! Haven’t hunted there since 1991. Thats New Mexico. OMG ?- I hunted there back in the ‘80’s & the disasters I had were beyond belief- & I checked them out before booking the hunts. Tons of $$$$ down the toilet. 1 great hunt in 1990 ! All the rest would make an Ole Preacher Cuss. So beware ! Jerry Gold- in Windsor, Colorado

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom