Deer in CO #521

wtier

Hey, so I was wondering if anyone had experience with deer in the Raggeds wilderness, and if it was worth getting an OTC deer tag. I hunted this area last season and just about everyone around us had an elk or two hanging, but didn't see any deer.

You could get lucky and get a reissue tag. Or a landowner tag if you have deep pockets other then that you'll have to wait for next year to try for a tag

I’m surprised that you saw so many elk hanging. The success rate in that unit is terrible and has been getting worse.

tempImagevRv3t0.jpg
I’m surprised that you saw so many elk hanging. The success rate in that unit is terrible and has been getting worse.
That was my first time in the area, let alone my first elk hunt ever, and the group who shot this elk in the image had two total over the course of the week. My buddy who I was hunting with got a young bull and two other groups had one. Maybe it was just the luckiest week of the season

Like said before no otc deer. Can there are deer like pretty much every other unit in western Colorado. I used to live in the unit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom