Deer patterns 41/42

schmee24

So question on post rut..Where/how do you see mule deer move after the rut? I have a spot we have been hunting in the lower desert that had bucks on camera all summer and even a bit into the rifle hunt. Hunted this weekend and no sign of deer and neither of the waters are getting hit anymore. I hunted a few weeks ago and was on a buck chasing does but the last few days has been pretty rough..Just curious how you see them transitioning from summer to fall to rut and post rut. Are they really migrating out of the area like out other state's winter/summer ranges?

I know this post is a year old but still relevant. Several years ago I watched a big buck with a very unique rack all summer . They killed him in January 35 miles away during the OTC archery hunt. The bucks I watched in summer disappeared during the rut and started showing back up on trail cameras in late March. What was interesting the same bucks always grouped together.

Ya very crazy thinking how far these bucks move for a hot doe...got some feedback from the G&F officer for the units as well which helped. This year with as dry as it is I wonder if you will see as much movement outside of where they know water is.

I have a friend that is in hunting 40A/B that is finding deer miles from any known water source.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom