Deer Region 7

Lhedrick1

We've narrowed down an area to stop by on our way home from elk hunting and chase some deer for a week.

We are looking at the southeast corner starting at Moorehead, going up to Broadus, over to Ekalaka and back down to Albion. Big area with tons of BLM and State land. We are going either 1st or 2nd week in November, depending on how the elk hunt goes. Anyone have any experience in this area? Wildlife reps said TONS of road hunters but most won't make it a mile off the road. Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-19 AT 04:52PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-19 AT 01:01?PM (MST)

I have hunted SE Montana since the late 70's. The wildlife reps are correct in that there is tons of road hunters and that few hunters get far form the roads. What he is not saying is that there are TONS of roads. There is no place in SE MT that a guy with a good set of legs can not get to with a two hour hike from a road. Those places attract quality hunters like a magnet.
Road hunting the rut is a fairly effective hunting method. That two hour hike for you and me is about 30 minutes for a buck traveling during the rut. The chances of a buck staying in a roadless area for the entire month of Nov are close to zero. Some of the biggest bucks I have ever seen were miles for the nearest road in Oct but were killed right out of the pickup in Nov. Some were as far as 5 air miles form where they were in Oct.
One of the problems with the rut is that most of the does are on the hay field on the river and creek bottoms. Most of that land is private and heavily hunted by outfitters. In Nov bucks will be leaving the BLM uplands to look for does. If those bucks go to the hay fields and many of them do there is little chance that they will return to the BLM if their antlers are even close to nice. This migration of bucks for public to Private is made even worse in recent years as FWP issues 11000 Region 7 doe tags. Many of those tags are filled on the public and Landowners and outfitters have figured out that if you leave the does unmolested on your property that you will have a steady stream of bucks from the surrounding land checking out the does for most of Nov.
I don't want to be such a Debby Downer but it is hard not to when you has seen how far SE Montana has fallen in the last forty years. That been said SE Montana may be the best place left in the state to fill your tag on a mule deer buck and long as you are not looking for a trophy. There are lots of small three and four points and every year someone gets a good one that strays off of well managed or unhunted private land. Now days a 160 in buck on public is a real good one. Most hunters will not see one even close to that big. If your are happy with a small three or four point SE Montana is the place for you, if you are looking for something better than 170 go to a different state.

Thanks for the input Radar. 150+ class bucks are what we are after. Won't shoot one smaller just for the sake of it. We want to be able to get the boots on the ground, see lots of animals and do some hard hunting. Unfortunately the Wyoming and ColPrado have gotten so restrictive with points and hunting pressure weve decided to try Montana. I like the idea that your tag is good all season as well as opposed to 7 days.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-19 AT 04:35PM (MST)[p]A 150 class buck is doable on public land but by no means is it a certainty any more. One thing about hunting in Nov. The rut shifts the probability of success away from hard work and more towards just getting lucky. For instance you many be better off glassing from the truck or after a short walk to a vantage point so you can look over lots of country than spending most of the day hiking into a few square miles of roadless ground.
Montana is an opportunity hunting state but in my opinion we here in Montana are going to have to look at restricting opportunity or the only thing we will have left on public land is the opportunity to take your rifle for a hike.

Are you talking specifically for deer or elk too? Not in region 7 but over near White Sulphur where we are elk hunting, biologists seem to think the elk herd is pretty healthy.

I have heard the mule deer numbers need to be better but as far as quality, it's just not there.

Or is it just the shear number of hunters flocking into the state for the ease of drawing a tag that's good for 3 months?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-19 AT 11:42AM (MST)[p]I don't have that much first hand knowledge of the elk herd near White Sulfur Springs. I would suspect that the Bio is telling the truth and there are lots of elk. I also suspect that what he in not telling is that the vast majority of the elk are on private land or will be shortly after the orange army hits the hills.
For the most part Montana manages the same why it did in the late 70's when I first started hunting. The only thing that has changed is we have added a few days of youth season and 11,000 good everywhere doe tags in Region 7. A lot has changed in the last 40+ years yet we still have 6 weeks of OTC archery and 5 weeks of OTC rifle during the rut. The deer herds on the big blocks of Public simply can not take that kind of pressure forever. Your best bet may be to hunt small bits of public and hope that a nice buck strays off of the private when you are there.

Appreciate all the info. I did hear the deer tend to sanction on the private lands where pressure is limited to the outfitters and locals. We are going to try to hit the small secluded patches of BLM (run and gun) for a few days and if no luck, hit the larger areas that require a few miles to hike to get off the road to try some spot and stalk. While it may be more successful in this area, sitting in the truck with a spotting scope just doesn't seem like hunting to me.

Thank you for all the info! I'll share our experience when we get back. Aren't heading out until late October.

Art nailed it spot on, Se MT has slid downhill for mule deer this past 15 years. Some of those harder to get into hunting spots used to be a great way to find a 170 buck, sadly that is no longer the case. We live in the age of information and that has contributed to some of it, road easements are easy to find with new mapping technology, photos shared on Instagram, facebook and smartphones prompt stories and more information exchange, there are few hidden spots anymore. Also you used to have some refugee for bucks to get old, good public land spots that were further from the road also had private land surrounding them that got hunted, but not hard. Nowdays almost all private land is either outfitted, or leased to groups of hunters that all hunt often and hard. Why the overall deer numbers have declined is still somewhat a mystery to me, but I do not think it coincidence that as elk numbers have risen deer numbers have fallen, habitat change maybe? more trees less sage and browse? Predation may be a factor as predators have been on the rise for decades after the war we waged against them for 50 years has waned. All and all it's a great country but it can leave a bitter taste in your mouth it you set expectations too high.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-19 AT 07:48AM (MST)[p]And the 11000 doe tags. FWP started to sell doe tags in the 80's for around Broadus. Most of those tags were filled on private land and the deer population needed to be trimmed. It was a good move by FWP. I am not against doe hunting. It is a needed tool for FWP to manage deer numbers, The problem with the tags is that the they have evolved into 11000 tags good any where in region 7. and you can by a truck load of them. Hunters don't want to try to get permission to hunt on private land and may landowners want the does unmolested as the does are sure to attract bucks during the rut. The result has been lots of does getting killed on the bigger blocks of public land. This is one of the reasons why deer numbers have continued to decline on public while may private ranches have an increasing deer herd.

Dragon, That is a good point about private land. Back before private leasing ranches were hunted but most of the pressure was concentrated on the weekends and the hunters were less concerned about hunting better quality deer. If a good deer was spotted and escaped it might be a week until he was hunted again. Now many of those ranches are hunted by maybe fewer people but they are hunted every day for 35 days in Late Oct and most of Nov. If a better buck does show up he is hunted every day until he is dead or the season ends. Not many deer are smart enough to avoid hunters for 35 days and all of the rut.

I guess my expectation of the hunting pressure is way low, not just in Montana but in other states as well. I would have guessed hunter numbers would be on the downside compared to say the 90s or 2000s. It's expensive especially for out of staters to make the trip to WY Co MT etc. People have jobs, families and the upcoming generation doesn't appear to be as outdoorsy as say my dads generation and older. Its hard to imagine that THAT many people have the ability to be tromping around out there week after week.

Is it more Montana resident hunters or out of state hunters for deer in unit 7 would you say?

The is plenty of nonresidents, of course those of us that live in Eastern Mt consider any one from west of Billings a foreigner.

>The is plenty of nonresidents, of
>course those of us that
>live in Eastern Mt consider
>any one from west of
>Billings a foreigner.

We're the same out here in Western Montana. We have a lot more real foreigners though. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-19 AT 01:16AM (MST)[p]I lived in Montana for 11 years from 2006-2017. Antleradar is spot on. There?s 3-4 places that took me years to find that have since become overrun by hunters. I get a kick out of the fact that people talk about the ?heritage? ?pass it along?. ?Get the next generation Outdoors?. Blah blah.

I took a kid I go to church with on the youth hunt a few years back because his dad doesn't hunt and his grandpa couldn't any more. It was his first buck. That to me is what the youth hunt is for.

The other ?youth? on the mountain that day were simply young men who's whole family hunts and they were using their dads? $5000 rifle and their dads did everything but pull the trigger. The vast majority of the kids on the youth hunt are from families who already hunt and who are going to be hunters anyway and they get a crack at the deer before everybody else. In my mind there should be some pre-requisites to play that game other than just age.

With Instagram, long range equipment, Swarovski glass, game cameras, atvs, and yes even airplanes, killing these animals has just become too efficient. The only other option is to limit opportunity. While overall hunter ?recruitment? might be down, the average hunter who really gets after it hunts so much more often, in more states, and more effective than ever before.

It costs a lot of money to hunt out of state so with all things that cost more money to do, people want to make the most of it so they hunt harder and want to go home empty handed even less than ever.

Guys like me are the prime example. I grew up going on hunts but now I really consider myself a ?hunter?. I used to hunt opening day in my home state of Utah. I currently have tags for Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming right now. I've got onyx maps, Austrian glass, google earth, a rifle that's good out to 700 yards, and all the other gear that goes with it.

Eastern Montana is ?ground 0? for this change. Lots of television hosts have made episodes about this area and how to hunt is as effective as possible. Meateater and Newberg, and the Stone Glacier crowd all live in Bozeman but there are lots of ?6? plates hunting east of Hardin come the rifle deer hunt. The ones from out of state watched the episodes and followed suit.

This is turning in to just a rant but as time goes by we are hunting ourselves out of opportunity. It's turning in to a rich mans sport, but there are more and more rich men out there who want a grip and grin pic on Facebook of their own each fall.

I wonder if Montana charged $400 for resident tags and $4500 for nonresident tags? Would they sell out? If not would they get the same revenue and way less harvest?

People complain about private property but that's the only safe harbor there is these days. Why do you think that people fly helicopters and get dropped off on the land locked public? Because the piece of Yellow, Green, or Blue on the map is an island in the private and they are banking on the animals not knowing where the boundaries are for enough time or put the hammer down.

What about the guys who had been doing that for years and years and the next thing you know it's on YouTube because Newberg wants some clicks.

I hunt western Wyoming because of founders podcasts. That's a fact. I didn't even know what the letters G and H even were eight years ago and now I'm getting ready next year to go hammer it out myself. And because of google earth, I know right where some guys dumped a couple of 180 bucks last month from when they panned out on their video because they are also wanting more ?likes?.

Guess where I'll be sept 15th next year? Right where they were. Sorry, but not sorry. Ok, I'm done. Good luck on your hunt. If you don't see many good bucks in region 7 it won't be because you aren't far enough from a road, it will be because you aren't next to the biggest ranch that doesn't allow hunting.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd!?

www.s2outdoor.com
www.tojagrid.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8iBAgry-KrH49Tua4ftbA

Nice rant Stubaby. Too bad it is a fair assessment of hunting today. You are right about finding a big deer. There is no place deep enough to get away form quality hunters in eastern Montana. You best bet is to hunt public close to a lightly hunted private ranch. That secret is out now and it is not uncommon to find two or three trucks on even small amounts of public.

Yup, that was a good read stubaby. Spot on with all those assessments. Our technology driven lifestyle is a double edged sword and I'm just as guilty as the next guy minus the actual posting of pics and videos. I see plenty of people using their onx to do exactly what I'm trying to do all the time. With Bozeman now being the hottest place in the west for all things hunting it is spreading to every corner of the state. On the archery hunt I saw Insta- heros everywhere. Logoed trucks and flatbrimes and alot of out of state plates hunting private borders.
I started trying to get as far away from any interstate or major town as possible a few years ago ( alot of region 7) and it hasn't really led me to better hunting. Still alot of awesome country to explore and for the next week I'll be buried in southeast looking for a big ole lope buck. As bluecoller public land hunters we just need to rely luck and time in the field. Best of luck with everybody's hunts they have left!

So many guys like to suggest limiting opportunity - until the permit they want is no longer "unlimited".

Bozeman and "6 plates" are taking over the world. Look out.

Hey Muley nothing wrong with being self aware and not in denial. Besides, what's your point? Yur always quick to poke and jab but why not actually contribute a thought once in a while? There is a difference between sharing an opinion on a topic and starting an argument.

I'll be happy to get rid of my gear as long as everyone else does but there's no sense in being a martyr.

I'm all for archery only areas. The biggest deer I get to chase every year are right here on the snatch. It's no secret but at least you need to get within 45 yards and draw a bow in order to kill them. Opportunity can be limited without reduction on tags.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd!?

www.s2outdoor.com
www.tojagrid.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8iBAgry-KrH49Tua4ftbA

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-19 AT 08:17PM (MST)[p]My thought is I keep it to myself. No info except for trusted guys that I know, or are recomended. When I kill, I come out at night at heavily used trailheads. Everything is hidden. Kills tarped in the truck on roads. I don't post pics or video. No rifle groups either anymore. Go get em stu. mtmuley

That's a damn shame. Your post above is what led us to Montana in the first place. We bailed on Wyoming and Colorado both because we kept running into the same conclusion. The public areas we were looking to hunt either required points or had tons of access and tons of hunters. I heard over and over again stories of dirt bikes cruising the mountain at daybreak and orange in all directions on opening day. Not to mention a 7 day season and what seemed like very unlikely to gwt away from all that
Montana seemed promising in that there were areas where one could have the place to themselves if you were willing to get off the road. And if you don't think hunting is becoming a rich man's game, look at the Cabelas hunt catalog. Its disturbing that it's come to the point we've put a $30,000 bounty on an animals head. With all the gadgets and film, it's become more and industry than a past time.

I have been hunting this area for about 25 years. I laughed when stubaby talked about the MT plates with the number 6 and I will add 3 on them. When I dreamed as a kid of a western mule deer hunt the place I dreamed about was found when I started hunting there. It is a shame to see what has happened to the area. In the world we now live in I can't see it ever changing back. I do have some great memories and I will always go back because of that. But 150 inch deer on public is a tall order. Good luck,

Rich

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-19 AT 09:55PM (MST)[p]These muledeer rants are getting out of control. It's in every state and almost every unit. And all of it's true! We just keep rehashing the same thing over and over on this site. The only thing I don't agree on is the only solution is to limit hunting tags. Here I go again on my rant.

1. Use point restrictions 4 point or better.
2. Kill a cougar and turn it in to Fish and game get a bonus point.
3. Limit technology, no game cameras, No optics on rifles, traditional archery only.
4. Kill 10 coyotes and turn them in get a bonus point.

Watch the deer come back.

Let's get back to hunting being a family affair and not viewed like Monday night football where the win is all that matters!!!!

I agree with you on the point restriction 100%. You should see these little bucks brought in to the check station where we are in Montana. I tagged out on deer last Thursday. The day before I tagged out, I saw 3 mature bucks all 150-170. I saw 3 bucks probably 2 1/2 yr olds, 2x2, 2x3 spindly but tall. 1 nice 4x4 that was probably a 130, maybe 140. Not real tall or wide but decent mass. And 3 or 4 dinks that didn't seem to be old enough to know what the rut is. All these deer were within a mile and a half area of public and private and 20-30 does scattered throughout the area.

This morning I counted 12 different does and not 1 buck to be found. I'm assuming all the bucks were shot off over the weekend. I am hopeful the few big ones are hiding out up high until it settles down here.It's only 9:15am and I've seen 8 differant hunters. YIKES!

Could you imagine what the Mulie herd might look like if both residents and non residents could only shoot a buck every 4 years, the years off they could shoot does, and whitetails, as we all know, it is not about the antlers, it is about the hunt, so it would be a win for mule deer herd, win for hunters with good meat in the freezer, of course game departments would probably take in less monies, but it is not about the money....right???

The first year it would be great. Everyone and there brother would shoot mature half tamed bucks that haven't been hunted in 4 years. Would probably wipe out the buck population in the first week.

I like the idea of a point restriction AND a quota of sorts. For example, say unit XYZ has a quota of 500 bucks 4 points are greater. As soon as that quotas met, season shuts down. Maybe a partial refund for those who did not fill their tag due to the quota being met. Or maybe you could chose a refund or a preference point if you don't fill your deer tag as a result. Doesn't help the problem of too many hunters and not enough land but I think it would definitely help the deer quality.

LOL...doubt it. Seen lot's and lot's of 4 points that shouldn't be shot, every day during hunting season that is seen. There are always going to be those that claim to want meat for the freezer, yet shoot stupid little 2, 3 and 4 points here in eastern Montana,instead of a good eating doe, at least if these folks harvested a mulie buck one year, they would have to wait another 4 years before shooting another, meantime, they can put doe's and whitetails in the freezer.

Imagine the revenue loss to the state if they didn't sell buck tags for 4 years. Hunting has got to be one of Montanas primary sources of income. At the state level and even individually for landowners and guides.

4 points on one side minimum. They did that in my neighboring state of Pennsylvania about 15+ years ago. EVERYBODY had a deer camp in the mountains and EVERYONE tagged out. Spikes, fork horns, basket racks, button bucks didnt matter. If it had any sort of horns it got shot. Since the points restriction the buck quality in Eastern PA has increased significantly. Granted it takes time but it does work.

West Virgina is a lot like Montana. Lots of resident meat hunters. If it's brown it's down. The quality is notoriously bad so non-residents that go there shoot the first thing they see with horns. Bad cycle to try to turn around and people that have been doing things a certain way for so long don't like change. It is a complex issue no doubt.

Sorry guys. I can not disagree more one 4 point or better APR. Four point or better has failed to produce better bucks every time it is tried with mule deer.
This is why. A four point mule deer is like a 5 by 5 whitetail and just like may whitetails never grow five points even at older age, many mule deer bucks never grow a forth point. All a four point restriction will do is transfer hunting pressure from older two and three point to 2 1/2 year old four points. Young bucks that in a few years have a chance to be a truly big deer while most of the most of the older three point will never grow a large set of antlers even if they live to 6 years old. I your goal is bigger bucks you need to restrict hunting on four points and try to shoot more of the older 2 and 3 points.

Good thread. I'm glad to see others see that populations seem to be ok where they can find sanctuary. If it weren't for the selfish landowners around here you would be lucky to find a deer in this county (colorado).

Not trying to hijack the thread, but around here I'm not sure the DOW even knows what percentage of harvest occurs on private vs public. My suspicion here is that the majority of harvest is on private but DOW thinks its the other way around thus giving them the false impression that deer on public lands are doing better than they are. The ones that survive the perils of nature are being hunted to death.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

>LOL...doubt it. Seen lot's and lot's
>of 4 points that shouldn't
>be shot, every day during
>hunting season that is seen.
>There are always going to
>be those that claim to
>want meat for the freezer,
>yet shoot stupid little 2,
>3 and 4 points here
>in eastern Montana,instead of a
>good eating doe, at least
>if these folks harvested a
>mulie buck one year, they
>would have to wait another
>4 years before shooting another,
>meantime, they can put doe's
>and whitetails in the freezer.
>

I am gathering you are not understanding my idea.....the state could still sell buck tags for mule deer every year, but you would have to wait 4 years between taking a mulie buck to shoot another. Results will not improve over a year or two, it may take a decade. The state can still sell all the deer tags they have before, but mule deer will benefit from less pressure. Put the Mulie first for a change, not $$$.

I get it now. From a quality perspective I don't think you could get any better. It eliminate's hunting pressure which is a score. However the people that want to go on their annual trip would be upset I'm sure. Very good theory that I think should be brought up, not perfect but neither is the problem.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-19 AT 05:50AM (MST)[p]Even if you went to trophy mule deer one year(any buck with more than 4 points on both antlers) Management mule deer the next year( a buck with 3 points or fewer on one antler) and whitetail the third year on a rotating basis. This would take the pressure of of the young four points A good friend of mine lives by the Ashland check station. He said that there is a near stream of under 20 inch four points going through.

We also need to eliminate doe hunting on public land. Deer numbers have recovered nicely from the tough winters of a few years ago on private land. The big blocks of public have seen no recovery and if any thing are losing ground. If landowners are concerned about deer numbers they can step up to the plate and let hunters shoot does on their property.

I stated NO MULE DEER bucks for 4 hears, I would wager most hunters can't tell a 1 1/2 year old 3 point to a 8 year old 3 point...

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-19 AT 06:37PM (MST)[p]There's an easy solution w/o losing opportunity. Stop hunting mule deer until December 1st with a rifle. I don't understand why most hunters in MT think it's their god given right to roll up on a a rutting mule deer and shoot it from the truck. We don't hunt bulls with a rifle in September? It's a damn slaughter FWP should be ashamed of, but now CWD is their scapegoat

DWB. Don't get me wrong. I would be fine with out being able to take a mule deer buck every four years. I think it is a good idea that has no chance of getting implemented so it needs to be modified to something that has at lest a small chance of becoming reality.

COSA I have been against the current season for a long time for a host of reasons. At first I was convinced that moving the season forward would greatly increase quality. Now I am not so sure that just changing the season would improve quality as much as one would think . Montana's hunters would adapt. One thing is for sure. Driving around on the winter range would no longer be nearly as productive, nor would shooting rutting bucks near hay fields loaded with does. In short an earlier season may just change where the bucks are taken and the amount of work required to take a good buck. That would be a good thing in my opinion.

It's been proven time and again that Montana hunters prefer opportunity over quality. That's what needs to change. mtmuley

So true mtmuley.
Opportunity management is great at first but the end result is tragedy of the commons on public land commercialization of the private land. We are getting closer to that result in the OTC units every year.

I've been in Montana for the last 12 days and the hunters in this particular area are a different breed.

The first day there we decided to get our bearing's and drive the roads. Any of the huntable BLM or state land either had trucks parked or trucks glassing from the road. I saw one guy sitting in a lawn chair next to his truck on his phone with the spotting scope on one side and his gun on the other.

Not many people sit in one place. They walk around like they are on a hike, talk out loud, even some on their cell phones, cough and smoke ciggarettes like its no big deal. This morning I witnessed 2 truck's with about 5 guys total pile out to shoot a small buck 50 yards off the road.

Some of the elk hunters sit in blinds waiting for the migrating elk. With about 30 cows, the closest hunters (3 adults and a young kid) opened fire on the herd. There was probably 10 shots fired in 60 seconds just from this blind alone. We ran into another group of adults and a few kids that also got in on the shooting. There was appx. 30 mph crosswind and the closest blind was around 600+ yards away from the herd. None of them could tell if they hit anything or how far away they thought the elk were. But they were glad to "get some shootin in".One guy boasted he tried a few head shots at about 500 yards and none of them dropped so he guessed he missed. Maybe we're pansies but to me that's not right. We left the mountain that day feeling sorry for the elk.

We love the area, the OPPORTUNITY to buy a combo tag and hunt for a month +, and will be back next year.If we go home hungry we go home hungry. For us it's about the experience and the chase. We aren't going to shoot a deer or elk just to bring something home. Ok, maybe a cow because damn elk is good eats. IMO this is the real problem. There aren't too many hunters. There are too many people out here tromping through the woods and riding around in trucks all day with guns. Those people are not hunters. They are however a big part of the problem, at least in this area. If you could change this mindset of "hunting", I think you could change the quality of the game.

Lhedrick1, that's what I am talking about. People that don't live here often don't get to see that kind of behavior. The mindset of Montana hunters is opportunity, and our FWP caters to it. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-19 AT 07:04PM (MST)[p]I moved to Montana years ago, lived in NV and WY before. It's the "Bubba" state of the west. Poaching is almost a culture - Herd shooting elk, Trespassing, Grown men shooting forky mule deer from the truck in late November. Many hunting tales begin with I know so and so and they let me hunt his land... Missing Wyoming

>COSA, that kind of crap happens
>everywhere. mtmuley

I've hunted a lot of places, grew up in MT, and I agree with COSA. There are still lots of ranchers that will poach deer and especially antelope just because they can get away with it. I'll bet if you asked 10 landowners if they would feed wildlife, 9 would say its not their wildlife and the F&G should be providing for them. Those same 9 won't let the public hunt.

To be honest the "family" rancher is the worst thing wildlife management has to deal with. I'd rather see some rich out-of-state ahole buy a ranch and close it to hunting. At least he's not out poaching the ##### out of the animals.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-19 AT 08:17PM (MST)[p]My thought is I keep it to myself. No info except for trusted guys that I know, or are recomended. When I kill, I come out at night at heavily used trailheads. Everything is hidden. Kills tarped in the truck on roads. I don't post pics or video. No rifle groups either anymore. Go get em stu. mtmuley

I get the rest, but what are rifle groups going to give away?

I don't know what kind of rancher is out poaching but were I hunt I asked the rancher if he wanted some deer meat and he looked at me like I was insane and said I am a cattle rancher what am I going to do with deer meat.

Ranchers poach all the time. I hear stories about what happens on private property out in the boonies and it’s crazy how many animals die year round with or without the sun in the sky

All the cattle ranchers I know don’t eat wild game, they eat beef. They always say, why would I eat that when I have an unlimited supply of beef. Makes sense.

Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom