deer(s) mount oppinion.

R

rawhide

i just want your 100% honest oppinion on these deer mounts and what you think of them.
8598muley_mounts_008.jpg

2715muley_mounts_016.jpg

3406muley_mounts_014.jpg

2179muley_mounts_015.jpg

9373muley_mounts_020.jpg

4599muley_mounts_021.jpg

They both look good....I like the archery buck more than the hard horned buck. Good looking deer!

copple2

same. from here they look really nice. how about close up details? do they look good from far, but far from good? i think i would be happy with them also. nice bucks.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]The velvet buck looks the best (even though I think velvet bucks are ugly) as far as the taxidermy goes. The other two look great, and though you can't really tell in the pics taken at the angle, in the front on pics it looks like the taxi got the form a little too narrow on the bridge of the nose between the eyes and it makes the bucks look a little sallow and makes the eyes bug out a little. They look like they are sucking on something sour. I am being way too picky, I know. Overall though, great looking mounts.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

They all look better than any of my mounts and I thought I had a pretty good taxidermist. I'd say very good without real closeups of the mounts.

They all look fantastic... minor differences in deer mounts, capes, forms, and all that really make each mount unique I think... there is no such thing as "the perfect mount" No two deer look just alike... And minor "imperfections" in mounts make them unique on the wall...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

I was thinking the same thing as Roy. Minor but noticable.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Is that painting on the wall of that buck on the wall in the second photo?

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11
>AT 08:46?AM (MST)

>
>The velvet buck looks the best
>(even though I think velvet
>bucks are ugly) as far
>as the taxidermy goes. The
>other two look great, and
>though you can't really tell
>in the pics taken at
>the angle, in the front
>on pics it looks like
>the taxi got the form
>a little too narrow on
>the bridge of the nose
>between the eyes and it
>makes the bucks look a
>little sallow and makes the
>eyes bug out a little.
>They look like they are
>sucking on something sour. I
>am being way too picky,
>I know. Overall though, great
>looking mounts.
>
>
>HOOK 'EM!
>_______________________________________
>
>Since I am frequently asked about
>my religion on this site
>and others, I have created
>a profile that explains my
>beliefs. If you are interested
>in finding out more about
>my faith, please visit the
>link below:
>
>http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I think you pretty much nailed it. The velvet buck liks the most life-like and the work in that buck is really excellent.

The other like you said the face/nose looks a little skinny or out of scale maybe. Not a bad job but also not as realistic as the other. Maybe its just the camera angle but?? Nice bucks though for sure.

i agree 9 out of 10. the eyes could be a little better but i would say they are nice

Great job!

They all look great! But the velvet buck looks the best in my opinion

I second what Roy said, but I think the velvet buck looks great! I'm not a real big fan of velvet/summer coat mounts either, but I think this one is top notch.

They look good, and I am not so sure about what everyone is saying about the noses and the eyes. I think they only look like that because of the color of them. The white, in my opinion, makes the noses look narrow. I think they look real good.

thanks MMers for all the honest opinions, i was just really trying to get some feed back becuase i feel the taxidermy dosent get the credit he deserves and especially for the money 425 a pop. (if i remember right) i personaly love the mounts and so does everyone that sees them in person. i can maybe takes some close ups letter when i have more time. thanks again. and dose anyone have some paul pennie out of alpine work they wouldnt mind posting?

>Is that painting on the wall
>of that buck on the
>wall in the second photo?
>

ha no that picture is older then that deer probably be a few years.

Love them...

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Overall nice looking mounts.Go to the taxidermy forum to see Pennie's work.It's on the left hand side.He's more than twice the $,though.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11
>AT 08:46?AM (MST)

>
>The velvet buck looks the best
>(even though I think velvet
>bucks are ugly) as far
>as the taxidermy goes. The
>other two look great, and
>though you can't really tell
>in the pics taken at
>the angle, in the front
>on pics it looks like
>the taxi got the form
>a little too narrow on
>the bridge of the nose
>between the eyes and it
>makes the bucks look a
>little sallow and makes the
>eyes bug out a little.
>They look like they are
>sucking on something sour. I
>am being way too picky,
>I know. Overall though, great
>looking mounts.
>
>
>HOOK 'EM!
>_______________________________________
>
>Since I am frequently asked about
>my religion on this site
>and others, I have created
>a profile that explains my
>beliefs. If you are interested
>in finding out more about
>my faith, please visit the
>link below:
>
>http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I was going to say about the same thing. I am not any kind of taxi expert though.

By choosing the wall pedestal forms the mounts are instantly better thatn average. By far my favorite form choice. It gives depth and realism. I like how the skin shows better muscle tone around the shoulder area with the pedestal forms. I'd be happy with the work. I'll echo what was said earlier about the velvet buck. I'm not a fan of velvet and especially the summer red cape, but the taxi work is good. I love mule deer and think its cool that you have the three cape stages represented. My favortie is the short hair after the red is gone and before the winter gray has filled in. $425 is a bargain for the quality of work you got.

As for Paul Pennies work I wouldn't go comparing to his. My neighbor has 13 mounts done by paul. His work is second to none. The detail around the face really sets his work apart.

Great bucks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom