Deer shanks

Snoopdogg

Long Time Member
Okay Blank and OutdoorWriter, I found a few food pics in my phone. These are deer shanks that seared then slow cooked (in crockpot) with veggies added at end. Looks like there is some store bought insta-rice on the side. Son posted on some social media a couple years ago, hence the title on pic.

Snapchat-1305272825.jpg

Okay Blank and OutdoorWriter, I found a few food pics in my phone. These are deer shanks that seared then slow cooked (in crockpot) with veggies added at end. Looks like there is some store bought insta-rice on the side. Son posted on some social media a couple years ago, hence the title on pic.
It's about time someone else joined in! It looks great.

Up until this last season we would always cut the meat off the shank tossing it into the grinder pile. That has since been learned as a life mistake. Shanks will be treated like a top cut. Incredible flavor, tenderness, while remaining juicy like no other piece of meat on a critter.

I season the high heat seer On the grill then right to the crock pot it goes for 6 hours with onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, some broth, garlic, salt and pepper. We mix this up too with a creamy sauce sometimes too.

I got a lot of favorites and this is one too.

Oh man, that looks good! I've got a couple bighorn shanks in the freezer that I may try that way.

My brother has made Osso Buco the last 2 years for Christmas, using deer shanks. It is one of, if not the best meals of the year. He cooks the shanks really slow- 6-8 hours. It is incredible!

The Shanks are some of the best and easiest parts of a deer to cook! Glad everybody is getting on board. I too dear them on the grill for flavor.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom