Deer tag for Units 7/8 - 2nd Rifle - any advice

elkshooter

All,

I'm heading up to unit 7/8 for a mulie buck hunt 2nd season.

Does anyone have any advice on where to find the big guys. I've been up there a couple of years and have done ok, but am always looking for other opinions on where the large guys are hanging out.

If anyone has some ideas, I'm open.

Thx.

It's a tough unit for big bucks.
Lots of hunters and about 4 years ago the DOW killed something like
800 deer just so they could test them for Wasting Disease.
Out of that 800 the results show the same as they have for years
about 2%.
As a result the deer heard is down.
I took a 5x5 that was 24 inches wide but it was the only buck I saw.
I only saw 6 deer on public in 5 days of hunting and many mile
walking the timber.
My advice would be look around Bull Mountain in the larmie river valley or up around deadman.
Good luck I'll be up there 3rd season with my second cow tag.

Thanks for the info Bowtecher...

Did you fill your first cow tag?

I will check out both places, and based on past years, they will be relatively crowded, but I have a couple of honey holes in there...we'll see if they produce again this season.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom