Deer unit 120

Millsworks

This unit looks like it has some great deer potential, but I see it appears to be a lot easier to draw than it's neighbors.
Has anyone out there hunted this unit in recent years?
The access to the walk-in area doesn't seem unusually difficult.

Not a big area to hunt in comparison to others . But there is probably a reason it's not super popular.

Thanks for anything you can tell me.
PM'S are welcome.

It looks like it has 1,169 acres of walk in area. Some scattered BLM land makes up the brunt of it.

Guess that's what the problem is. Not alot of public, but still looks do able.
Would like to scout that one though, before burning points on it.

Don't think I can bring myself to wait more than 3-4 years.
Burned my point on F tag.
Only had one point and I am elk hunting up there this fall so I got a deer tag to go with the elk.

So I'm starting all over fresh.
Just digging for ideas now instead of waiting till last minute and not knowing where to apply.
Sure would prefer going in 2019.
But 2 points might not go as far as I'd like.
H might be had for 2 or 3.

As far as what size deer, well I'd like the biggest one I can get of course,like everyone else.

Ha,Ha, a good 150 buck is plenty big in my book.

Open to suggestions , and thanks for asking.

If you prefer to go in 2019, you'll only have the one PP you buy next year for the 2019 draw, not 2!

>If you prefer to go in
>2019, you'll only have the
>one PP you buy next
>year for the 2019 draw,
>not 2!

One point purchased this summer is one.
One point purchased next summer in 2018 makes one more.

1+1=?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-17 AT 10:03PM (MST)[p]>>If you prefer to go in
>>2019, you'll only have the
>>one PP you buy next
>>year for the 2019 draw,
>>not 2!
>
>
>One point purchased this summer is
>one.
>One point purchased next summer in
>2018 makes one more.
>
>1+1=?

Hey Mr. Know it All from W. Viginia! There's another error on your part! If you burned your 1 PP this year to hunt Region F this fall like you stated in your posts, you can't hunt a first choice tag this year and buy a point this summer. So your 1+1=? is more BS on your part and you're getting real good at it! That means when you buy a PP in 2018 you have 1PP to use for the draw in 2019. 1PP any way you cut it for 2019! Just another FACT that you were incorrect on like a lot of things you keep posting here and over on HT and getting in my ******* when I correct you!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-17 AT 10:12PM (MST)[p]Is this 2017?

You're getting excited again.

It will be ok, we will get through this together.
If I buy a point this summer in what is now 2017 ,then buy one in the summer of 2018 that will make 2. Then apply in the draw in 2019 with ?
How many ?
Can I not buy a point this summer?
Sure thought I could.

Either way what's it to you?
If I can't buy a point this summer then oh, well, geuss I have to wait a little longer.
Pretty sure I'll figure it out.

>Is this 2017?
>
>You're getting excited again.
>
>It will be ok, we will
>get through this together.
>If I buy a point this
>summer in what is now
>2017 ,then buy one in
>the summer of 2018 that
>will make 2. Then apply
>in the draw in 2019
>with ?
>How many ?
>Can I not buy a point
>this summer?
>Sure thought I could.
>
>Either way what's it to you?
>
Quit being a smartass when you're wrong again! What's it to me, LOL! It's because you keep posting incorrect information damn near every time you make a post! That's why I keep correcting you so others don't think you know what the hell you're talking about when you don't. NO, you can't use a first choice tag this fall and buy a PP the same year whether it's during the application period or during the PP only period during the summer. Look it up, quit shooting your mouth off and being childish, and quit bothering people with all your incorrect information! All I did was try to be nice and tell you that you would only have 1 PP for 2019 and you had to come on and be a horses rear end again just like you're being again over on HT! it would behoove you to shut the heck up if you don't know what you're talking about, but that seems to be too much to ask of you!

You think you are being nice?
Thanks for the correction, regardless.
But I'm sure I would have found out when I tried to apply for a point.
I can survive the being wrong, and try to not let it happen again.
But we can't all be perfect obviously.

Good thing we have super heroes like you there TP.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-17 AT 10:38PM (MST)[p]>You think you are being nice?
>
>Thanks for the correction, regardless.
>But I'm sure I would have
>found out when I tried
>to apply for a point.
>
>I can survive the being wrong,
>and try to not let
>it happen again.
>But we can't all be perfect
>obviously.
>
>Good thing we have super heroes
>like you there TP.

Calling me TP is another very childish and BS move on your part, as you're now being a total douche on both sites. Read my very nice and simple comment in post #6 advising that you will only have 1 PP for 2019 if you buy one next year. Nope, instead of looking up the information to see that I was correct you had to make another stupid, childish comment again on both sites. It's not becoming to keep being wrong in case you haven't figured that out yet and before long if you keep doing it everyone on HT will have you on Ignore. Then you'll just have to stay on this site because there is no Ignore feature on here, LOL!

As far as being wrong about everything,...
That's a matter of opinion.
But if it makes you happy,
Sure.
You are right and I am wrong.

I'm sure I couldn't look anything up tonight, as the site won't be up till tomorrow for the draw results. Not that I would rush to try to prove you wrong anyway.
This nit picking is petty.

I have too sleep now.
There will be plenty for you to pine over as time goes on.
I'm sure I'll be wrong or miss spell something for you to get bent out of shape about again.

>As far as being wrong about
>everything,...
>That's a matter of opinion.
>But if it makes you happy,
>
>Sure.
>You are right and I am
>wrong.
>
>I'm sure I couldn't look anything
>up tonight, as the site
>won't be up till tomorrow
>for the draw results. Not
>that I would rush to
>try to prove you wrong
>anyway.
>This nit picking is petty.
>
>I have too sleep now.
>There will be plenty for you
>to pine over as time
>goes on.
>I'm sure I'll be wrong or
>miss spell something for you
>to get bent out of
>shape about again.

I didn't say you're wrong about everything, but until you're man enough to just admit your wrong the various times that I corrected you and quit behaving like a child nobody will take you seriously. This is not nit picking! When you're wrong on something, especially on this PP discussion and you post a bunch of childish crap instead of asking or waiting until you could find out I was right you went right back to your baloney. For the last time, get it through your thick skull that you can't just post things you don't have first hand information on like you have done since you joined this site and HT because even though you mean well it's a disservice to those looking for correct information to help them make an important, costly decision a lot of times. If you won't listen to me, listen to WB and a couple of the others on the site that have tried to tell you that you come across as knowing everything about everywhere in Wyoming when you've never even been there. I've been out there more than 20 years all over the state either hunting or scouting, so it's a little bit different than sitting at home in W. Virginia on your computer. Let's kiss and make up because this really is getting old and way out of line for two adults.

Topgun I didn't drag this into the gutter.
I have admittedly been wrong in my life and on a couple talk forums.

You're not making me mad.
You are the one with a problem.
I slip up, sure. I'm sorry.
I sure think I deserve an apology for what's been said here and elsewhere.

But, I don't expect it.
It really is OK.

I don't hold I'll will against you for all the terrible things you said to me.
Why are you bent up over sillyness? Either way wish you well.
Never ever mentioned to come across as a know it all and still don't think I did.

>Topgun I didn't drag this into
>the gutter.
>I have admittedly been wrong in
>my life and on a
>couple talk forums.
>
>You're not making me mad.
>You are the one with a
>problem.
>I slip up, sure. I'm sorry.
>
>I sure think I deserve an
>apology for what's been said
>here and elsewhere.
>
>But, I don't expect it.
>It really is OK.
>
>I don't hold I'll will against
>you for all the terrible
>things you said to me.
>
>Why are you bent up over
>sillyness? Either way wish you
>well.
>Never ever mentioned to come across
>as a know it all
>and still don't think I
>did.

I just said let's kiss and make up, but the more you post with BS like you keep doing now saying I'm the one with the problem, etc. the closer I am to saying kiss my rear! In case you can't read others posts when you're up half the night making all these sob posts, several others have said they agree that you come across as all knowing about Wyoming when you've never been there and now you make BS posts back at me when I was nice and just tried to tell you about how the PP system works. Nope, you'd have none of that and posted more childish crap and are still doing the same thing in your last post. Grow up or maybe find another source of internet entertainment that better suits your childish responses!

"If you prefer to go in 2019, you'll only have the one PP you buy next year for the 2019 draw, not 2!"

Looks like a reasonable reply to me, although he could have explained why.

You would do well to re evaluate your prior "years of research" and start anew, or, ask some questions of those that know the process. Getting snarky with TG on a basic point purchase rule, which is common across the western states, just makes you look foolish.

>"If you prefer to go in
>2019, you'll only have the
>one PP you buy next
>year for the 2019 draw,
>not 2!"
>
>Looks like a reasonable reply to
>me, although he could have
>explained why.
>
>You would do well to re
>evaluate your prior "years of
>research" and start anew, or,
>ask some questions of those
>that know the process. Getting
>snarky with TG on a
>basic point purchase rule, which
>is common across the western
>states, just makes you look
>foolish.

You are correct in the most way sir.
I sure made a fool out of myself.
I geuss I could say I was tiered and it was late and I was still not happy about previous comments and PM's from top gun.
But, none of that is a good reason for my reaction.
This is as most should know, my first year applying and drawing a tag in Wyoming.
Research has been focused on where to apply and how many points I should need.
Point taken,and will try to avoid this in the future.
I would as would others, appreciate a little less of the being so critical on petty subjucts, and a little understanding for a new member.
If that's too much to ask then I will just have to deal with it better in the future.
I due apologize.

I would as would others, appreciate
>a little less of the
>being so critical on petty
>subjucts, and a little understanding
>for a new member.
>If that's too much to ask
>then I will just have
>to deal with it better
>in the future.
>I due apologize.

Let's just get along and start over, but I need you to think about one thing. You keep talking about "petty" things and being "picky". Doing what you did on this thread when I was just trying to be nice and advise you about PPs was what was petty. I understand you're a newbie and a new member and you need to remember that too in your responses from now on. "Opinions" are one thing and FACTS are another! Now let's get along and I hope your first trip out to hunt in Region F is the first of many like I've been privileged to do in Wyoming over many years.

Wow, Topgun! I've learned a lot from you and you've helped me a lot when it comes to hunting in Wyoming, but I have to say you've blown this way out of proportion. I'd have to agree with him when he said you owe him an apology. Read the entire thread again from beginning to end and maybe you'll see what I'm seeing. I don't know what happened between you two in any other threads, or in private messages. But in just looking at this thread you are way over the top. Just because a guy mistakenly thought he could buy a point this year. LOL

>Wow, Topgun! I've learned a lot
>from you and you've helped
>me a lot when it
>comes to hunting in Wyoming,
>but I have to say
>you've blown this way out
>of proportion. I'd have to
>agree with him when he
>said you owe him an
>apology. Read the entire thread
>again from beginning to end
>and maybe you'll see what
>I'm seeing. I don't know
>what happened between you two
>in any other threads, or
>in private messages. But in
>just looking at this thread
>you are way over the
>top. Just because a guy
>mistakenly thought he could buy
>a point this year.
>LOL

You really need to stay out of this because like you said you have no idea what's been happening on another site besides this one. Read his wise acre response to me after I just made that brief statement about him having 1PP for 2019 and then the way he went like he continues today saying he can voice his opinions. Opinions are just that and we try to deal more in facts and that's why WapaitBob made the post he did about Millworks being "snarky" and being foolish. We're okay now, so please just let it be and we all learned something over this situation between the two of us!

Mills Idk what's going on with you guys, and it none of my business. I WILL SAY Bob & Mike know their stuff when it comes to wyoming. I know they have helped a ton with apps in several states west.

It's really a done deal and I wish you guys would just drop it. I'm not having some of my better days right now with the passing of my wife recently and that probably has something to do with my lack of patience with the guy. However, he's been making a number of incorrect statements on MM and here regarding Wyoming and I've been correcting him and asking him not to make statements that aren't fact, but rather are just his opinions since he's never been to Wyoming and I have been there over 20 different times over the years and in many different areas. This time all I did was mention that he would have 1PP for 2019 and not 2 like he stated. Rather than check to see that I was correct he started making classless remarks, ones that WapitiBob referred to as "snarky" towards me and it all started a couple weeks ago over on HT and culminated here. It's over and done with and I apologized for not being as PC as I should have been, but when all I kept getting was excuses and childish remarks back I had had enough. Now let's please just move on, as we're over it, or at least I hope so because I am on my end!

RE: D3eer unit 120

Both you guys are going through bad times. You losing you wife and he lost his son recently. Nothing goes right for anyone in those circumstances it seems.

I know Mike wants to move on but; I would like to say if you don't know anything about Mike he can come off a little pissy about stuff. Especially when it is something that he knows well. But I really do believe that he is a really good guy from the correspondence's that I have had with him. He has always helped me when he could and I have always tried to help him when I could. And I hope that continues for years to come.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-17 AT 05:52PM (MST)[p]>I know Mike wants to move
>on but; I would like
>to say if you don't
>know anything about Mike he
>can come off a little
>pissy about stuff. Especially
>when it is something that
>he knows well. But
>I really do believe that
>he is a really good
>guy from the correspondence's that
>I have had with him.
> He has always helped
>me when he could and
>I have always tried to
>help him when I could.
> And I hope that
>continues for years to come.
>
>

+1, Mike can get crotchety at times, but he means well and I hope to meet him in person this fall. Maybe I can calm the waters between him and BuzzH! Well maybe...

I do believe, if someone else wants to be a resident MM expert on Wyoming hunting, they might want to hunt Wyoming first.

>+1, Mike can get crotchety at
>times, but he means well
>and I hope to meet
>him in person this fall.
>Maybe I can calm the
>waters between him and BuzzH!
>Well maybe...
>
>I do believe, if someone else
>wants to be a resident
>MM expert on Wyoming hunting,
>they might want to hunt
>Wyoming first.

Me get crotchety---Never, LOL! Jeff, I think John and I should be able to set something up to meet you when we come down through the Casper area from Sheridan on the way to help a friend down in AZ on his bull elk archery tag. It will be sometime around the middle of September and i'll send you an email as soon as I know the exact day that will be. As far as "calming the waters between me and Buzz", good luck on that one buddy, LOL! Hey, I guess anything is possible and I'm open on my end for a truce if he is!

>It's really a done deal and
>I wish you guys would
>just drop it. I'm
>not having some of my
>better days right now with
>the passing of my wife
>recently and that probably has
>something to do with my
>lack of patience with the
>guy. However, he's been
>making a number of incorrect
>statements on MM and here
>regarding Wyoming and I've been
>correcting him and asking him
>not to make statements that
>aren't fact, but rather are
>just his opinions since he's
>never been to Wyoming and
>I have been there over
>20 different times over the
>years and in many different
>areas. This time all
>I did was mention that
>he would have 1PP for
>2019 and not 2 like
>he stated. Rather than
>check to see that I
>was correct he started making
>classless remarks, ones that WapitiBob
>referred to as "snarky" towards
>me and it all started
>a couple weeks ago over
>on HT and culminated here.
> It's over and done
>with and I apologized for
>not being as PC as
>I should have been, but
>when all I kept getting
>was excuses and childish remarks
>back I had had enough.
> Now let's please just
>move on, as we're over
>it, or at least I
>hope so because I am
>on my end!

I honestly get your frustration. No offense millsworks youve drawn your first tag in wyoming and suddenly without ever even putting boots on the ground inside the state youve suddenly swamped the forms with your internet second knowledge and opinions. You should sit back and learn from those whom have the knowledge and experience because honestly alot of us are getting a kick out a W.V. guy trying to be a Wyoming expert. I had to learn the same thing as a young buck trying to "make a name for myself" in the forms. The best advice i can give you is to sit back, be humble and let your accomplishments speak for you. Its no different if we sat behind our keyboards out west and tried to fill you in on hunting your home state. Best of luck to this fall and watch out for them grizz!

Coloradoboy

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom