Deer unit #130

rmanwill

Long Time Member
Myself and another MM member have max points, so drawing this unit is not a the problem. We both wish to get out of the point game and start hunting region H every year or every other year. This sitting around building points and not hunting is for the birds. From our research there really is not any limited unit worth waiting years for. To many good bucks in general area's if you put in the research, scouting and time.Yes I have hunted region H numerous times until this point game started. I do know what is possible there and wish to get back.

With that said, we will put in for unit #130 and hope for weather and a migration to start during the hunt. If no weather we will hunt our butts off anyways and hope for a migration to start anyways. One cannot predict the weather ten months down the road, so it is a crap shoot.

My question is for any input/information on where other's have hunted or have knowledge of this unit and would point a person. Drainages, mountians, north end or south end? Also where to best enter this unit (south, western or the far eastern excess raods). Also any input on camping area that is best to axcess the best area's in each direction.

We plan to hunt the upper north west boarders and around the Prospect mountians at this time and will continue researching this unit for the next ten months.

Any pointers, PM's, information that is encouraging would be appreciated.

Best of luck to all in their draws in 2014.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom