Deer Unit 21 2nd rifle vs unit 10 2nd rifle...

Having been in both units... I would go with 10 simply for a better quality of hunt. Fewer People, not nearly as many elk hunters etc. I think there are more deer and bigger bucks in 21, but I also think that the hunting would be more fun and less pressure in 10. I have seen some big bucks in both units. If you go to 10 use a good GPS and map soft ware. It will help you find places to hunt.

Never been to 10, but I did hunt 21 a couple years ago. That being said...I would recommend 10. In 21 there was a lot of hunters, especially elk hunters, even though I never saw an elk. Did see many of them pretty ponies though. We hunted hard for 3-4 days and went 2 for 2 on some medicore mulies.

Good luck!

GrizlyHunter

Really GrizlyHunter, hunting hard for 3-4 days and shooting decent bucks from the truck window??? what did you think, 30 inch bucks around every tree??

In unit 10, The DPW lowered their post-hunt 2010 population estimates from 3690 to 630 after the 2011 season. Their buck to doe ratio is also a very low 16/100 for what is an extremely limited draw unit. Can these numbers be close to accurate? Did the deer herd crash? Why? I personally take them with many grains of salt, but you have to wonder the reason for that drastic change.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom