Deer unit 89

Cahunter805

Long Time Member
Did anyone from the MM crowd hunt 89 this year? Considering burning some points in 2021 and would appreciate any insight on this unit. Thank you.

Here ya go SS. Breaking news. Brow tines do count. ?

20201106_200107.jpg

I'm excited that someone posted a B&C tally sheet! Now we are talking trophy bucks and what qualifies as a trophy muley buck in North America....yes! B&C bucks are what I'm passionate about and are what gets my blood pumping! I'm sure there are a few guys on a Monster Muley website that are interested in B&C bucks? 3x frames, crabclaw fronts, and short tines don't make the cut! Take a look at B&C books and how many B&C bucks have been entered in the past 10 years from Natrona and Fremont Counties? These are some of the toughest units in Wyo to draw and supposedly produce some of the best bucks the Cowboy state has to offer?

You are absolutely right that G1's count! Brows definitely add a couple "points" to B&C scores. Unfortunately there are hardly any gigantic 3x3 framed bucks with eyeguards that have ever made B&C. 4x4 framed bucks with brow tines....now you are talking about adding pts that make or break making B&C.

With all that said, my guess is that the majority of Wyo residents aren't interested at all in B&C score sheets and record quality bucks available in units they hunt? All I've been saying all along is that I believe there is incredible potential for improvement in Central Wyo units.

The same thing could be said in Region G and H. Wyoming residents are more interested in opportunity rather than trophy quality. There have been a few B&C bucks harvested in G and H over the past 10 years even though they are general OTC tags for Wyo residents. Just think what G and H would be like if managed for trophy bucks! Take a look back at some of the old Gordan Eastman videos from the 70's on the winter ranges! Ask Mike what bucks he saw with his dad on the winter ranges in Wyo compared to what is available today! Do you see any videos of Mike and his sons hunting their old stomping grounds in region G the past 5 to10 years? Heck no, they are hunting lightly hunted private land with pretty good B&C potential. The good ole days are LONG GONE!

Go take a drive with me on Central Wyo deer units after the season and during the rut.....it will be a wake up call to what's going on with muley bucks in some of the toughest draw limited units in Wyo! Supposedly these are the cream of the crop bucks and units? You may not believe what I'm saying is true until you see it with your own eyes in the field! If you want to join me we can keep a tally sheet of what we see.

Will the quality bucks from the good ole days ever return? The potential is certainly there! Do Wyo residents care? By posts and the stabs in the back I've gotten on this website....it doesn't matter and Wyo residents could care less!

Last edited:
I'm excited that someone posted a B&C tally sheet! Now we are talking trophy bucks and what qualifies as a trophy muley buck in North America....yes! B&C bucks are what I'm passionate about and are what gets my blood pumping! I'm sure there are a few guys on a Monster Muley website that are interested in B&C bucks? 3x frames, crabclaw fronts, and short tines don't make the cut! Take a look at B&C books and how many B&C bucks have been entered in the past 10 years from Natrona and Fremont Counties? These are some of the toughest units in Wyo to draw and supposedly produce some of the best bucks the Cowboy state has to offer?

You are absolutely right that G1's count! Brows definitely add a couple "points" to B&C scores. Unfortunately there are hardly any gigantic 3x3 framed bucks with eyeguards that have ever made B&C. 4x4 framed bucks with brow tines....now you are talking about adding pts that make or break making B&C.

With all that said, my guess is that the majority of Wyo residents aren't interested at all in B&C score sheets and record quality bucks available in units they hunt? All I've been saying all along is that I believe there is incredible potential for improvement in Central Wyo units.

The same thing could be said in Region G and H. Wyoming residents are more interested in opportunity rather than trophy quality. There have been a few B&C bucks harvested in G and H over the past 10 years even though they are general OTC tags for Wyo residents. Just think what G and H would be like if managed for trophy bucks! Take a look back at some of the old Gordan Eastman videos from the 70's on the winter ranges! Ask Mike what bucks he saw with his dad on the winter ranges in Wyo compared to what is available today! Do you see any videos of Mike and his sons hunting their old stomping grounds in region G the past 5 to10 years? Heck no, they are hunting lightly hunted private land with pretty good B&C potential. The good ole days are LONG GONE!

Go take a drive with me on Central Wyo deer units after the season and during the rut.....it will be a wake up call to what's going on with muley bucks in some of the toughest draw limited units in Wyo! Supposedly these are the cream of the crop bucks and units? You may not believe what I'm saying is true until you see it with your own eyes in the field! If you want to join me we can keep a tally sheet of what we see.

Will the quality bucks from the good ole days ever return? The potential is certainly there! Do Wyo residents care? By posts and the stabs in the back I've gotten on this website....it doesn't matter and Wyo residents could care less!
I almost feel bad for not reading the above post. It appears he put a lot of time and effort Into it..

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom