Defiance actions

I have a Defiance 7 RM and it's been great. If you're going to cerakote it I'd definitely let them know so they can set the clearances to accommodate it. Mine is DLC coated and it's definitely the route that I would go vs cerakote.

I have a 28 Nosler built on a defiance deviant and I'm now building a 6.5 SST on a Defiance AnTiX. One of the best actions out there. I believe there's a pretty long wait on one right now.

Boring Rifles was holding a short and long action for me. So I decided to take a trip up to Beaver and get them going. Short action will be a 6.5 PRC with a carbon fiber barrel and stock. More of a light weight rifle. The long action will be 300 PRC steel barrel to handle the heavier bullets. They looked like pretty nice actions. But this will be my first build with them. Going with Leupold 3 x18 on the 6.5 and a VX 5, 5 x 25 on the 300. Excited to see how they turn out!

Boring Rifles was holding a short and long action for me. So I decided to take a trip up to Beaver and get them going. Short action will be a 6.5 PRC with a carbon fiber barrel and stock. More of a light weight rifle. The long action will be 300 PRC steel barrel to handle the heavier bullets. They looked like pretty nice actions. But this will be my first build with them. Going with Leupold 3 x18 on the 6.5 and a VX 5, 5 x 25 on the 300. Excited to see how they turn out!
Extremely well built actions. You won’t be disappointed. PM sent.

Maybe consider a 6.5 SS or SST. A bit more velocity than the PRC in shorter brass. PRC really needs a mid length action IMO to seat those bullets out for peak velocity. And SST brass is easy to get unlike the PRC

The 6.5 SST will gain about 100 fps over the PRC and the SS probably 150 fps and be a true short action.

The 6.5 SST will gain about 100 fps over the PRC and the SS probably 150 fps and be a true short action.
I saw that you were building a 6.5 SST. I looked at it briefly but went back to the PRC. I thought I can buy ammo and not have to reload all of the time. Which since I am kind of anal when it comes to reloading. I will probably anyway. But it’s nice to have a choice. I already have two cases of 6.5 PRC Hornady 147 gr ELD . That I did buy at a premium price. But at least I have them. But I do like wild cat hot rods.

I have a Defiance anTi on order right now for a 6.5x47 Lapua build. I have heard nothing but good reviews on Defiance actions.

I have 2 rifles I just had built in the last year using Defiance Rebel actions and getting ready to order a Anti for the next build. So far I really like them, they run super slick and are just a nice action. And if you order the Rebel right it only weighs about 25 ozs so not bad for a full stainless action. Both rifles came in just under 6 lbs naked so a good choice for a lightweight hunting build (y)

I have 2 rifles I just had built in the last year using Defiance Rebel actions and getting ready to order a Anti for the next build. So far I really like them, they run super slick and are just a nice action. And if you order the Rebel right it only weighs about 25 ozs so not bad for a full stainless action. Both rifles came in just under 6 lbs naked so a good choice for a lightweight hunting build (y)
I was worried the 300 PRC may come in a little to light. A nice problem to worry about. My older long range rifle is a 12 pound plus rifle. I have been hunting with it for ten plus years. These two should be a nice change. Also looking forward to locking turrets !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom