Depression sets in

deerhuntr4885

Is it just me? I like to hunt just about everything but right after deer season I go into a funk. It is over sooooo dang fast. I dream about deer hunting all year and then you blink and it's over. I keep looking for cheap hunts I could go on out of state but that is just dreaming. All I can do now is start talking about next year.

I need counseling (Maybe electro-shock therapy).

Mike Henne

I CAN HELP!!!

DON'T KNOW IF YOU'D ENJOY 120,000 VOLTS THOUGH???

(((I'VE GOT THE "I CAN'T GO DEER HUNTING FOR ANOTHER 12 MONTHS BLUES"!!!)))

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I'm with ya gila. Only 3 weeks till we got 45 straight days of archery deer hunting. These guys are going into the blues, and we're about to go to heaven..

Some of us may come join you in heaven....

------------------------------------------------------
By the way,
I live in UT.
There are a lot of UTARDS that live here.
I have also seen quite a few WYOMORONS, NEVADUHNS, COLORADORKS, ID-IOTS and AIRHEADZONANS in my travels.

Get some pointing dogs. They'll keep you busy until January.

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

Still a month of pheasant hunting left in South Dakota, Plus you will see some awesome whitetail bucks during the hunt.

Go out and kill a few coyotes that well help the deer in your neck of the woods and it's good shooting pratice.

Yes, deer season is over.....that sucks.

Now I have to hunt ducks in the mornings, look at rut and migrating deer, take some pictures, hunt sheds, chase chukar, shoot coyotes, hunt for arrowheads, fish, cut some more firewood, look for elk, shoot some trap, then when I get bored, I'll refinish a couple of stocks. At night, I'll have to start planning for next years deer and elk hunts, read some catalogs, watch some hunt videos......what was this thread about?

hey man predator hunting is the way to go help you local deer herds as much as possible and its funner than hell

And take your camera with you when you are chasing those coyotes. I do more "hunting" with my camera than with a rifle and really enjoy sneaking in and taking a few pictrues of a big buck. And it helps locates bucks for next year, too.

Sounds like some good advice up above. You might also try videoing deer. You still have to stalk to get close and when you get a good deer on video its almost like you got him while hunting. This is a great time for videoing considering the deer are in the rut and are migrating to thier winter range. You'd be surprised at how rewarding it feels to get a big boy on video. fatrooster.

Oh, trust me. I will get out and do some more hunting. But for me, there is no comparison to climbing the ridges in search of a big muley. I have noticed that over the past few years I get out less and less to hunt other animals. Mostly because of work commitments. I took on a second job to pay for my out of state apps and hunting trips. (and I just got promoted to Sgt.)

I have been thinking about getting a high end video camera to do some of that filming. I think that is a great idea. Film deer while predator hunting. But here in WA the hunting is pretty poor. Good idea though.

All is not doom and gloom but just saying that I'm missing mule deer already.

Thanks for listening.

Mike Henne

Get yourself a good quality SLR camera and lenses and you can hunt year around, it shouldnt just be about killing something............rf

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom