Desert big horn sheep hunt

joesikora

Long Time Member
I dont know for sure but this might be a great opportunity for someone looking for a Desert sheep hunt.
what do you guys think

Joe

Well you can’t win if you don’t play!
LOL!
Well I thought by posting this maybe someone ends up with a great hunt that they might not have known anything about.

I did just see the bid went up $500 so far. The original starting bid was I think $10k more but no one was bidding, so that tells me that a lot a medium players weren’t interested but the big players will refrain from bidding till the last hour or so as said above, but you never know it might be your year!

Good Luck

Joe

Who knows? Biden* could tank the US economy tomorrow or start WWIII and people might forget to bid later, and it will go cheap.

A year ago you could pick Mexico Desert Bighorn hunts up for around $20k. Many are feeder-fed and don't even have countable annuli. Not my kind of sheep hunt, to each their own though.

Also note the fine print where it says tags & license NOT included.

From Cites:

"Seri Indians on Tiburon Island currently sell 10-15 hunts per year, and 8-12 more in mainland Sonora on Seri lands, with recent permits selling for USD 80,000 to 90,000 each (Int$ 723,300-813,600), retaining around 85% of this after commissions to hunting brokers. Bighorn population growth has enabled the community to earn an additional USD 1.2 million from sale of young animals for re-introduction to their mainland range

Also note the fine print where it says tags & license NOT included.

From Cites:

"Seri Indians on Tiburon Island currently sell 10-15 hunts per year, and 8-12 more in mainland Sonora on Seri lands, with recent permits selling for USD 80,000 to 90,000 each (Int$ 723,300-813,600), retaining around 85% of this after commissions to hunting brokers. Bighorn population growth has enabled the community to earn an additional USD 1.2 million from sale of young animals for re-introduction to their mainland range
I noticed that. Leaves you wondering what is meant by the included "Permits and cites (exportation cites)" versus the not included "tags and license"

I noticed that. Leaves you wondering what is meant by the included "Permits and cites (exportation cites)" versus the not included "tags and license"
In order to import any game from Mexico into the US, a government permit is necessary. It's normally supplied by the outfitter. The CITES permit is required by the USFWS for certain critters. I'm just guessing here, but perhaps the Siris sell a special 'tag' and/or 'license.'

In order to import any game from Mexico into the US, a government permit is necessary. It's normally supplied by the outfitter. The CITES permit is required by the USFWS for certain critters. I'm just guessing here, but perhaps the Siris sell a special 'tag' and/or 'license.'
I know that, but they specifically said "Permits" and "cites (export cites)". That makes it seem like permits might be different than the CITES. Overall definitely a poorly explained ad for such a large potential expenditure

I know that, but they specifically said "Permits" and "cites (export cites)". That makes it seem like permits might be different than the CITES. Overall definitely a poorly explained ad for such a large potential expenditure
I guess I wasn't concise enough...

1. An export permit from the MEXICAN government
2. A CITES permit, which the USFWS requires for any listed species

wording was different two months ago.....

I tried calling the SFW number for Kevin but he did not answer and I did not leave a message. I sent a email to them requesting the tag and license cost. I will let you know if they respond. Current bid is 30.5K How mad would you be if you flew down for your once in a lifetime sheep hunt and found out it cost 80K more to actually hunt

I just went to it; it is now closed! Note what I highlighted in red.

SOLD $41,000

TIMED AUCTION
Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife - July 14, 2021

This is a free range hunt on the 200,000 acre Siri Indian reservation in Sonora Mexico. DATES: Winning Bidders choice - Anytime between November 2021 - February 2022
Trip includes:
12-day trip: 10 full days hunting, 2 travel days

Permits and cites (exportation cites)
Professional skinning and trophy care
World class guides
Backpackers (assistants)
All meals and soft drinks
Accommodations
English speaking guides at all times
Round trip ground transportation

If the winning bidder has a flexible schedule they will increase their trophy odds significantly. Wards Outfitters are constantly monitoring the ranch during the season and will let the hunter know when the best rams have been spotted. If the hunter does not wish to go through customs with a rifle the outfitter has rifles on the ranch. If the hunter wishes to bring their own firearm they are allowed to bring up to 2 of their own rifles with 50 rounds for each rifle.

Not included:
Tips
Airfare to Mexico

Taxes

I just passed through the other posts
so was $41k a good deal for that Hunt?
Does anyone know who got the hunt?

Joe

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom