Desert Bighorn & Moose in Utah - when it rains it pours

MDQ

Hi all,

Well, when it rains it pours. I drew my first lifetime tag this year - North Slope Summit Moose. My 17 y/o son drew San Juan South Desert Bighorn Sheep. I always joked that if I ever drew a hunt that I'd draw EVERY hunt that year. Guess the fates heard me & are having a good laugh. Don't get me wrong, this is one problem I'm happy to have!

With these hunts at opposite ends of the state, I'll be lucky to keep married & employed this year.

I would certainly be very grateful to anyone who is willing to pass along any info they have on these units. I've been on the sheep unit a fair amount, but never looking for sheep. It's been a long time since I've been in the Uintas.

PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Guy

PM sent for your moose. Congratulations on the tags. Sounds like you will be having one great year.

Don't worry too much on scouting hard for the moose. They can move a ways between the summer and the rut hunts. You just want to get familiar with the area and areas with cows usually are good for bulls.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

I'll make you a deal,I'll take the tags you keep the wife and job. It sounds fair to me.

Congrats to you and your son.

MesquiteHunter,

Thanks for the offer. If push comes to shove, I'll invite the mom-in-law to stay with the wife & I'll fake a 3 month illness to get out of work. Got to be some way to juggle it all!

Guy

How exciting for you and your son!

Your dates for each hunt cetainly give you a decent cushion for hunting them both thru out the fall.

congrats

Robb

I had the north slope tag in 1999. You'll love that unit. Send me a PM if you want to chat some more. We hunted hard on horses for a couple days and then ironically ended up shooting one near the road. He was a nice 11x12, 40-inch bull with big palms and 2 dog killers on one side and 3 on the other.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom