desert bighorns near Boulder City

G

graybeard

Is anyone hear from Boulder City, NV??? I'm planning a photography trip to try an get close to some desert bighorns. I've heard there are some that come into or live in a park there in town. Can anyone tell me where this park is or other areas to get close to them??? Steve

Steve,
I live in Vegas. I know you could see some sheep south of BC in the Mcullough range, just get a map and go to Mcullough pass I'm sure you can see some there.
Dave

Thanks Muleycrazy,

Do you need a 4 wheel drive to get there and is it a good place to see big rams??? Steve

Graybeard

I beleive the name of the park is Hemingway Park. It is located in Boulder City. If you take the main road out of BC, as if you are heading to the Dam, it is about halfway down on your left hand side. Once you turn left it is about 3-4 blocks, you can't miss it. It will be on your right side.
I was just out their yesterday and their was not a sheep around. We have gotten quite a bit of rain lately and the ewes I beleive are dropping lambs. I think these things have kept the sheep away for now. The best time seems to be when it starts to get really hot. It's a great place to view sheep. Sitting on picnic table and having rams feeding 30 yards away.

Sheepwgn

Thanks Sheepwgn, I may take a chance and come down this weekend. I guess if I don't see any now I can come back later in the spring when it starts getting hotter. Do you live in BC??? Steve

You never know, they just might be around. No, I'm from Las Vegas, but I spend a lot of time out in the Mtns. around Vegas looking at sheep. I also serve on the board of the Fraternity of the Desert Bighorn, which gets me out looking at sheep and checking the various water projects we have spread around So. NV.
What about yourself, are you from around here? Good luck this weekend I hope you see some.

Sheepwgn

I'm from West Jordan, UT and will be working on a sculpture of a desert ram. I would like to also get a carcass for measuring if you know anyway to do that. I'll probably just be lucky to get photographs. Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom