Desert Sheep AZ 46B

T

toddrice

Looking for any info I can on unit 46B, if anyone knows anybody who has hunted it in the last 5 or so years, please drop me a e-mail thanks Todd Rice [email protected]

Matt Reese is one of my best friends! He has been in the Grand Canyon, I don't think he even knows I pulled a sheep tag!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-03 AT 10:29PM (MST)[p]Well, then you already know Matt is a huntin unit. I've got a lot of buddies in Yuma who are sheep fanatics - I'll talk to them. I have been on two hunts in the Mohawks (40B) and we have come around the back side through the Cabezza and seen some nice sheep on that side of the mountain. My buddy killed a 170 sheep right on the border of 40B and 46B several years ago. It's a great unit, and I know you can walk and hunt hard (through word of mouth)and that's what it takes in that wilderness unit. Are you familiar with the unit at all? One of the board members of ADBSS drew that tag three years ago - he would have good info if you know those guys.

P.S. John Hervert is the sheep biologist in that unit. He is the only worthwhile game warden I know in Arizona. He can offer, and would like to, any information he knows. I know that he has even taken several hunters out on his days off because he loves to sheep hunt so much. He is based out of the Yuma office. He spends a lot of time in there monitoring the sheep and the Sonoran Pronghorn heard they have goin there. I'd give hime a call for sure

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom