Destroying it !!

Saw him in Reno at the Center for Performing Arts it was called back then. Guy in front of me was soaked in beer as I had a good time. I don't think he even cared. Awesome show. mtmuley

I saw George Thorogood in around 1980 at a bar in Flagstaff AZ called Shakey Drakes. That was long 2 days. :oops:
1981 Blue, I was there as well... dang I'm old. Every trip to Shakey's took a couple days to recover lol. Dug out a few memories from the google machine... it's all coming back now, good times!
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 9.44.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 9.29.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 9.31.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 9.41.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 9.43.28 PM.png

Wetmule,

I can’t let go of what you posted. I know Shakey’s wasn’t very big, but it sure seemed like there was more than 400 people the way we were packed in there.

That room was packed with energy that night. I suppose it was as close to one of the kids “raves” as I’ll ever come.

$9.50 to see George blow the walls of a bar down with 400 people. Lucky guys (y)

Wetmule,

I can’t let go of what you posted. I know Shakey’s wasn’t very big, but it sure seemed like there was more than 400 people the way we were packed in there.

That room was packed with energy that night. I suppose it was as close to one of the kids “raves” as I’ll ever come.

$9.50 to see George blow the walls of a bar down with 400 people. Lucky guys (y)
Yeah Shakey's was pretty small. How they ended up playing in a dump dive bar and not the Dome or someplace bigger is pretty crazy? I highly doubt they followed the fire marshal's code for maximum occupancy.

My all time favorite water hole was the Kowboy Country Club until it burned down & then the Museum Club which I think is still in business

I was born and raised just off the hill in Cottonwood. I did two years at NAU then finished up at ASU.
I was at NAU for 4 during that time... probably not a bad move, the girls were prettier & more plentiful in Tempe :love: No offense DeerHunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom