Dialed in

Lhedrick1

I know I know. The Creed is a hipster cartridge thats slow, boring and needs to be delivered to the gun range in a Subaru.

But mine shoots pretty good. I am shooting 121 gr Hammer Heavy Hammers this year for goats and deer in Wyoming. I also have a cow tag. I'm sure inside of 300 yards it's enough oomph but ill probably take a little more fire power in the event I'm left with just the cow tag.
20200818_185202.jpg
20200818_190803.jpg

Reality is that most guy and their guns don't shoot that well at 100 yards. I should know, I see there targets almost every week that they leave up on our private range. LBH sees them too and just shakes his head.

That's good for 200 yards! Some days are better than others.

I don't know if you're "dialed in" or not but that's a respectable 200 yard group and it appears to be adequately sighted-in.

I know, I know... most guys will come on the interweb and say they do that (and better) all the time...which wouldn't be the truth.

I just happened to have a particularly good morning last Saturday at 100, 325 and 600 with the Hammer Hunter 124 at 3245 fps!

Zeke

Reality is that most guy and their guns don't shoot that well at 100 yards. I should know, I see there targets almost every week that they leave up on our private range. LBH sees them too and just shakes his head.

I don't know if you're "dialed in" or not but that's a respectable 200 yard group and it appears to be adequately sighted-in.

I know, I know... most guys will come on the interweb and say they do that (and better) all the time...which wouldn't be the truth.

I just happened to have a particularly good morning last Saturday at 100, 325 and 600 with the Hammer Hunter 124 at 3245 fps!

Zeke

Wait, are you saying there are people on the internet who don’t actually shoot 1/4 minute groups at 1000 yards with their 5.5 pound 338 Lapua?

Those are fine groups, and that bullet will serve you well. I’m partial to the 124, though I am loading a ladder with the 134 shock hammer, as well.

I'm still fiddling with the 124g HH in my Creed and my 6.5X284.
Both rifles were spawned by the Zekester!

And like him they are On Point, Slick, and Smooooooth!

Zeke

This is a shortbarreled light hunting rifle. Not a target rifle. To expect smaller groups than what I've shot would be a little foolish I think. Its hard to hold steady being so short and light. But at or under 1" @ 100 yards is a gimme. For giggles I think I will try this load again but off the lead sled and see what it does. Realistically I see it as a 300 yard gun for goats or deer. I'm sure you could push it further but with wind and everything else that happens during the hunt the closer the better.

This is a shortbarreled light hunting rifle. Not a target rifle. To expect smaller groups than what I've shot would be a little foolish I think. Its hard to hold steady being so short and light. But at or under 1" @ 100 yards is a gimme. For giggles I think I will try this load again but off the lead sled and see what it does. Realistically I see it as a 300 yard gun for goats or deer. I'm sure you could push it further but with wind and everything else that happens during the hunt the closer the better.
That is a good group and easily a 300 yard gun. The Hammers will be awesome for you on game and are very effective.
IMO I wouldn’t shoot it from a Lead Sled. They are terrible on your rifle and can cause lots of problems. Also you can’t get any kind of cheek weld.

Three shot group at 500 yards next to my thumb. The other copper colored shots are my friends. Would you let me shoot at you at a 1000 Homer? ?

CAA59930-892E-4257-8AC1-BA5F7F8CCEBB.jpeg

not with that gun......
Yeh, I'd be careful to exclude Marley as one of the 1/4 of the experts you wouldn't allow to take a crack at you Homer! I've seen footage of him whacking a bull at super long range.
And Yep, mtmuley, and Zeke (who shoots every week) might be in that category too!

But most of us "experts" you'd be pretty safe with!

lol.....I said the experts I know.....not the experts here.....lol

But.....some of the experts around I know might have a gun that will shoot groups like that....they just can't walk them on to two sheets of plywood.....

Littlebighorn didn't brag on himself but I will:
I just watched him plaster a couple plates, dead center, with 2-2.5" groups with 2 different rifles at 600 yards! Homer best let him into the top 25% group!!! Sure, that extra 400 yards can be tough to cover.

Hammer Hunters are shooting pretty well for us both!

Oh, and yes, I'm in the group who will gladly blast away at paper or steel at any range and under any condition but a live critter is TOTALLY a different game for me! I send a bullet with great care!

Homer is correct, many guys talk the talk but stumble on the walk!

Zeke

Littlebighorn didn't brag on himself but I will:
I just watched him plaster a couple plates, dead center, with 2-2.5" groups with 2 different rifles at 600 yards! Homer best let him into the top 25% group!!! Sure, that extra 400 yards can be tough to cover.

Hammer Hunters are shooting pretty well for us both!

Yes, but even blind squirrels find an acorn once in a while

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom