Diamond Mt. Deer

Gonelkin1

I tried putting this on the Utah page with little response! so I will try it here.
My nephew drew the Diamond Mt. rifle deer tag, His dad has recently been infected with the dreaded COVID and is struggling to breath let alone scout or hunt.
I will step up and help my brother and my nephew any way I can, the problem is I know nothing about this mountain!
If there is anyone that would be willing to give me some tips or starting points it would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

You got just about all the info there is to know about Diamond on the other thread, aside from someone driving you out there.
Make sure you have onX to make your way among tons of private, and check the three places already suggested. Don’t overthink it. There are plenty of deer, just temper your expectations of size and you’ll do just fine, Your nephew will absolutely have a fun hunt. Good luck.

I've been here the past 3 days muzzy hunting. Plenty of 20" 4x4s running around, don't shoot the 1st buck you see. If your efficient at glassing you should turn up 30+ bucks a day. This fellow was at 24" wide, not what I was after so he's still walking around for ya. Make sure you have OnX, a rangefinder, and make sure your nephew can shoot reliably out to 200yds. No need to shoot further than that on these bucks out here. I'll just say their not excately the spookiest. Good luck and have fun.

20211007_083708.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom