Diamond Mtn deer

Moe84

Hoping that a few of you might be willing to give some thoughts on a predicament I'm in. The good news is that I received a call indicating a diamond mountain muzzleloader deer tag was turned in and I'm next on the list. The bad news is that I'm a nonresident and my buddy who was going to hunt with me has a OIAL tag that overlaps with this hunt so depending upon how that's going he may or may not be available to help. This would be my first ever mule deer hunt and would be looking for a representative muley buck. We elk hunt the north slope on a regular basis but apart from driving through do not have experience with Diamond Mountain.
Does anyone have thoughts on accepting the tag and making this my first mule deer hunt? Any help would be greatly appreciated and will make sure to report back if I do hunt.

It's a tag and it's yours if you have the funds I would take the tag it's not about the size of the animal it's about the adventure to get it. I wouldn't turn it back I would go and have fun. If you get one great if not that's fine to. but one thing you can control is having fun so at least make it enjoyable time and it will be money well spent.hope this helps

Hoping that a few of you might be willing to give some thoughts on a predicament I'm in. The good news is that I received a call indicating a diamond mountain muzzleloader deer tag was turned in and I'm next on the list. The bad news is that I'm a nonresident and my buddy who was going to hunt with me has a OIAL tag that overlaps with this hunt so depending upon how that's going he may or may not be available to help. This would be my first ever mule deer hunt and would be looking for a representative muley buck. We elk hunt the north slope on a regular basis but apart from driving through do not have experience with Diamond Mountain.
Does anyone have thoughts on accepting the tag and making this my first mule deer hunt? Any help would be greatly appreciated and will make sure to report back if I do hunt.
PM sent

I understand your apprehension. Wanting to share the experience with someone close is a big part of hunting for me, and for many.

That said, if you have the time and funds to get out there in a few weeks, I'd do it. You're in for a great experience and I'd say you've got a chance at some good bucks. Lots of great scouting pics this year of healthy deer all around Utah.

To help, use one of the apps showing public and private land. After that, go explore and enjoy the area. Theres some guys here who have had tags previously, hopefully they see your post.

Good luck.!!

Thanks everyone! It wasn't going to take a ton of encouragement to make me go for it. At this point I just need to check a few things out at work Monday but am 95% confident I'll take the tag and be headed west in a couple weeks.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom